|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to lead the digital transformation? Do you want to transform the industry by defining and showcasing Microsoft’s strategy across any number of client experiences? If so, you may be a great candidate for one of our openings in End User Services Engineering. We are looking for a motivated, technically oriented Service Engineer to manage the core client experiences across Microsoft’s Enterprise footprint. Our objective is to fully transform the Enterprise client experience, making it as simple, intuitive, and reliable as possible while enabling the next level of productivity for both internal and external customers.
In this role, the Client Service Engineer will be responsible for understanding the services and components required to deliver a particular experience, establishing clear service or component optimization strategies, and introducing new capabilities and technologies that revolutionize the user experience and potentially advance the industry as well. You will be part of a self-managed Feature Crew responsible for the overall experience, including delivery of planned changes designed to optimize a specific client experience. You will engage and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders including product teams, OEMs, Suppliers, Procurement, and Facilities. You will also play a key role in defining the service offering and roadmap to enable Microsoft’s customers to achieve amazing results in their own digital transformation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and in-depth industry experience in the hardware, software, and services aspects of the Enterprise Client Experience. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate strong business acumen, thought leadership, critical thinking, and negotiation skills with a track record of strong customer advocacy. The Client Service Engineer will balance technical and business objectives and will engage and influence senior leaders internally and externally to deliver high quality solutions and user experiences. Effective negotiating, influencing, and leadership skills mixed with creativity and deep subject matter expertise will be essential to achieve strategic alignment of goals across this broad range of stakeholders.
- Build solutions to help create tools and reporting that drives engineering excellence.
- Identify emerging trends or re-occurring scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate, automate or eliminate work.
- Build processes and functions across multiple groups to drive efficiencies.
- Ability to frame and communicate issues and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Show exceptional attention to detail and code solutions in a DevOps capacity.
- Define and execute against the Microsoft strategy and roadmap for the client experience that is integrated across the Client Managed Services portfolio and will showcase the benefits to Enterprise customers.
- Manage a portfolio of multiple service or component specific initiatives simultaneously to expedite delivery of planned changes.
- Drive strategic engagements with OEMs to understand product and service offering roadmaps and influence the definition of future offerings.
- Design and lead execution of service or component operations through Suppliers and vendor teams to achieve or exceed SLAs, KPIs, and strategic goals.
- Partner with Procurement to execute RFx processes and contract negotiations as required to manage costs effectively.
- Lead service and component governance as required, including leading business and technical reviews with key stakeholders as well as overall contract and budget management to highlight challenges, issues, or dependencies as quickly as possible.
- Collaborate with teams across Core Services Engineering and Product Groups to understand new features, influence product roadmaps, and drive feedback to improve product quality and experiences across multiple roles as required (End User, IT Admin, & App Owner).
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies to influence future service offerings from Microsoft and Suppliers.
- Design and engineer tools and processes to measure and ensure service health.
- Drive strategy development and execution of service and product improvements that meet the needs of Enterprise customers.
- Lead design and execution of data and telemetry-centric systems to make decisions and drive feedback into systems design and implementation.
- Lead Live Site governance of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes.
- Provide technical subject-matter expertise in one or more areas of the portfolio of services to optimize and improve the end-user experience.
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
- 3+ years of experience managing at least one of the core client experiences (e.g., Client Imaging, Software Asset Management, Client Management & Supportability, Client Hardware Analysis/Testing, Print Services, etc.)
- Demonstrated familiarity and expertise with Power BI.
- Demonstrated familiarity and expertise with PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures.
- Experience in Production Support, including enterprise IT service escalation/support management.
- Proven ability to design and support secure services and solutions that delight end-users and enhance their productivity.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of successful project implementations.
- Ability to influence others across groups and be held accountable for delivery without implicit authority.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with the ability to reach agreements while building relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Preferred, not required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year experience in development and design at scale using object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, C++)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience in network services and engineering.
- Experience with client management technologies such as SCCM/Intune.
- Passion for using data and analytics to drive business value.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills.
- Demonstrated curiosity for new technologies.
- Demonstrated passion for the user experience.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail.
Describe the ideal candidate (optional)
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in hardware, software, and services aspects of the overall Enterprise Client experience with a track record of strong customer advocacy. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate strong business acumen, thought leadership, critical thinking, and negotiation skills. They must be able to balance technical and business objectives and engage and influence senior leaders internally and externally to deliver high quality solutions and user experiences. Effective negotiating, influencing, and leadership skills mixed with creativity and deep subject matter expertise will be essential to achieve strategic alignment of goals across this broad range of stakeholders. In addition, this individual would demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.