|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in tackling exciting challenges in online experimentation? Do you have a passion for mentoring and leading others?
The Bing team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist Lead to manage our Online metrics team. As a team, we are responsible for understanding how users engage with search engines and translate them into actionable org level metrics.
Nearly half a billion users visit Bing.com worldwide monthly, and yet we have a large space to grow. At Bing, we celebrate our data driven culture; features only ship when they show a positive impact on metrics. This role is a great opportunity to make solid impact on the org, develop signals that can be used in the product for ranking and on how users can be more productive with search.
As a Principal Data Scientist Lead on our team, you will lead a group of Applied Scientists to deliver org wide metrics that drive the direction of Bing initiatives. You will be responsible for analyzing 1000s of A/B experiments, driving innovative ways for improving the sensitivity of our metrics to detect small changes faster, and continuing to build upon our data driven culture at Microsoft.
If you're interested this far, please read on. We'd love to consider your application!
As a Principal Data Scientist Lead on our team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of data scientists working on Bing A/B metrics and experimentation
- Define, build and track key org level success metrics for Bing customer satisfaction, user retention
- Understand the data generated by online user experiments and produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions
- Drive consensus with partner teams and leadership on new metrics and signals that influence product development
- Model, Coach and Care for a team of Data Scientists working on metrics and experimentation
Required qualifications for this role:
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience on A/B experimentation, statistics and/or mathematics
- 5+ years of experience designing and/or developing in programming languages such as: Python, Java, C#, C++/C, etc.
- Lead and/or management experience
- Experience building machine learning models on large scale data
- Ability to work independently
- Clear communication and solid collaboration skills
- Familiarity with search engines, dealing with online instrumentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Search# #WebXTPrincipal# #MachineLearning#