|Job Type:||Full Time|
Surface has defined the 2 in 1 category and breathed a new life into the PC industry. With foldable devices Surface is creating yet another category for personal computing and re-imagining how people get work done. To continue delivering industry leading innovation, we need to stay close with our customers and drive their feedback in to our product lines. The Commercial Engineering organization seeks to grow usage and adoption of Surface products with enterprise customers and small business around the world. To achieve this objective, we have created 3 distinct teams:
- Customer Experience Program Management (CXP) – Triage technical escalations in partnership with customer service and support (CSS). Go deep to solve the most complicated customer challenges and drive learnings back through other stakeholders in the broader engineering organization. The CXP team’s primary role is to be eyes and ears of the engineering team in the field and to be the voice of the customer when roadmap decisions are being made.
- Commercial Readiness Team (SCR) Study signals from the CXP team and the market at large to create and land a set of forward leaning commercial requirements for each product line. In short, the SCR team is tasked with making sure that the Surface team builds the products our customer need and want.
- Business Experiences Team (SFBE) – Deliver unique and differentiated software experiences for commercial customers to ensure that Surface devices deliver the best M365 experience in the world. The SFBE team spends cycles obsessing over Deployment Technologies & Diagnostic Tools to ensure that Surface devices are the top choice for IT professionals around the world.
The Surface CXP Team is looking for a senior program manager to join our growing team in Redmond. Surface CXP PMs are expected to partner with other engineering resources to help create processes and programs that will support our larger mission to grow the usage and adoption of our devices by business customers around the world. Success in this role will require flexibility and a growth mindset. As we grow the business people who can solve complex problems and help lead global programs that require alignment from stakeholders in disparate teams across the company.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you will have responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Work closely with CXP Leads to understand their challenges and to help them overcome blockers that prevent them from being effective
- Create programs, infrastructure & an operating model to ensure the success of field based CXP leads
- Partner with other PMs to create a flow of information going back to field stakeholders
- Gather learnings from field partners and create communication vehicles for landing these insights with stakeholders in the engineering org
- Lead strategic initiatives with stakeholders in Sales, Customer Service & Support, Marketing and Engineering
- Help to create a rhythm of business for the organization and ensure the team is organized and prepped for key moments throughout the year
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with 4 + years relevant experience
- Experience with hardware product development is preferred
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Experience with Android and mobile device management fundamentals is a plus
- Demonstrated cross-functional experience and an affinity for product engineering development
- Demonstrated customer facing, and customer relations & support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to define problems, distill data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.