|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Join us in building the world’s preeminent workplace for meetings and digital collaboration. Our team is defining the next generation of employee collaboration experiences: meeting rooms, digital whiteboarding, personal communications devices, digital signage, augmented and virtual reality, and more. Be a part of making our new East Campus the most advanced workplace for collaboration in the world and reimagine the future of hybrid work.
In this Principal Program Manager role, you will lead program management for collaboration devices and AV hardware engineering, working across the company to create end-to-end experiences that set the bar for world class employee collaboration. You will work with our own hardware, software, and service engineering teams, product groups from Teams Devices to Surface Hub to HoloLens, our OEM ecosystem, and Real Estate & Security. You will determine the roadmap for Microsoft’s device standards and determine the room designs that drive all new construction and upgrades to existing facilitiies.
Our team is responsible for the largest portfolio of Teams Meeting Rooms on the planet—over five thousand rooms and counting—dramatically improving Microsoft’s conference room experience. Now we are expanding our vision across the entire surface area of workplace productivity. You will reimagine new collaboration experiences across the entire workplace, the home office, and in between.
We are at the center of a host of workplace trends, from hybrid work to smart buildings to cloud collaboration. In CSEO you will not only impact our internal employee experience, but you will lead the way in defining end-to-end workplace experience for Microsoft’s customers. Come join us and build a better future for workplace collaboration.
The ideal candidate will combine a deep base of technical expertise with the ability to set vision and build relationships across the company and with our industry partners. The candidate will be able to construct a strong, concrete vision and plan with input from our product groups, our RE&S partners, and industry partners, and they will be able to clearly articulate that vision for leadership and our stakeholder community. They will be comfortable working deeply with other PMs to inform A/V & device strategy across our Digital Workplace PM community. Most importantly, they will gain the trust of our stakeholders in delivery of hardware solutions that combine innovation and enterprise readiness.
In addition, they will:
- Set the roadmap for Microsoft’s collaboration devices and global workspace technology design standards
- Lead CSEO device strategy and relationships with first party hardware product groups and third-party OEMs (e.g. Teams Devices, Surface Hub)
- Drive vision for and evolution of AV and collaboration device engineering teams
- Provide thought leadership on future collaboration scenarios across Microsoft, industry, and competitive landscape
- Partner with RE&S and Global Support teams to ensure successful delivery of global AV construction and technology upgrade projects
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Design, Software Engineering, Electrical or Mechnical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 10 years' minimum experience in Program Management or Product Management
- 5 years' minimum experience in Unified Communications, Hardware and/or Devices engineering, Audio-Visual Design and Engineering, or IoT
- Strong track record of leadership across a broad community of stakeholders
- Extensive experience with executive communications and presentation
- Deep experience in engineering discipline and agile development
- Experience driving hardware/facilities “smart office” initiatives highly preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.