|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Corporate Accounting team is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative accounting professional who enjoys working independently and with high levels of responsibility to join our Corporate Revenue Reporting and Analysis team.
The Reporting and Analysis team is responsible for revenue policies with a focus on new product and program offerings, system integration, supporting the revenue close process including reporting requirements and working with the product, licensing and sales finance teams to review complex product offerings and new or redesigned revenue programs.
This individual will focus on commercial revenue system design and deployments, cloud product launches, and accounting analysis to support the Financial Close rhythm. This position requires a collaborative and motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to manage competing priorities and work creatively and effectively in ambiguous situations.
This role offers a broad view of the company from the financial core as well as a great opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals. The Corporate Revenue Assurance team has high visibility to senior-level management across the business groups and corporate accounting.
System Design and Deployment:
- Understand and assess financial impact of new business offers, including process and system changes.
- Work with finance intake team to document revenue reporting requirements, design and execute user acceptance test cases, perform production testing post launch if required, and maintain status reporting for leadership.
Cloud Product Launch:
- Work with Business Planning to proactively assess revenue treatment for new cloud product offerings.
- Key contributor to the evaluation of revenue recognition issues including writing accounting positions. Provide expertise to special projects and other ad hoc requests.
- Own calculation and posting of portfolio adjustments for cloud products in the Volume Licensing channel.
- Participate in close meetings to communicate the issues and drivers to Operations Finance, Engineering Finance Groups and the Central Finance Teams.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with some public accounting
- BS/BA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Experience in software, technology industry a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes/capabilities, accounting systems, and data management/quality
- Ability to collaborate and navigate in ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organization, and creating effective partnerships; with an ability to simplify the complex
- Proven strong financial and analytical, written and oral communications and presentation of data skills
- Self-starter, well organized, able to multi-task, and work well under pressure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.