|Job Type:||Full Time|
What if your job description were simply "Accelerating Innovation through Trustworthy Experimentation."? That is the essence of roles within our team. Are you a PM who has an appreciation for experimentation, trustworthiness of results, insatiable curiosity, and ability to challenge yourself and drive a cultural change towards data driven decision-making in multi-billion-dollar businesses? We are looking for an experienced PM who knows how to identify and solve complex customer problems, work with partners to understand / communicate / prioritize needs and manage execution of engineering teams. You can be involved in building the Microsoft experimentation platform used in a wide range of heavily used products including Bing, Office, Skype, Teams, Photos, MSN, Xbox, Windows, and more.
The Microsoft Experimentation Platform (ExP) is a team within Cloud & AI. We have been researching, developing, and operating ExP for over 14 years.
We are building a platform in Azure that accelerates innovations for key partners in Microsoft by testing innovative ideas quickly and reliably. Such as: What factors affect the quality of the Bing user experience? What causes users to make a first payment with XBox? The list of needs grows every day. We are now at the next phase of our mission: building the ExP platform in Azure. Come and join us in the revolution!
- Planning/designing new experimentation service capabilities and interfaces
- Collecting and synthesizing customer feedback
- Asking questions, listening, driving team alignment, and influencing across the organization
- Guiding teams to develop a highly agile, low cost, and low maintenance platform
- Partnering and onboarding new teams to the ExP platform
- Analyzing experimentation service use and optimizing the experimentation cycle
- Designing tools to scale analysis activities
- Optimizing experimentation quality and processes
- Partnering with teams such as Xbox, Windows, Visual Studio, Azure, Bing, Teams, Microsoft Office 365
- Driving projects E2E by utilizing, applying and, analyzing data associated business problems
- Engaging with senior management in making key business decisions
- Mentoring others in the team
- Demonstrated program/product management skills and have run experiments for 5+ years
- Experience leading agile process and proven success in shipping at high cadence for 5+ years
- Experience designing / operating online services including defining and improving operational / business metrics for 5+ years.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.