|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Apps & Infra Field Specialist
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is Azure cloud services. Our Small, Medium and Corporate ( SMC) segment is hiring an Apps & Infra Specialist. The Solution Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Azure solutions, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue.
As a Solution Specialist, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospects to evaluate, engage with and implement Microsoft products and partner solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft Cloud technologies
- Call on line of business and IT decision makers in a set of named accounts to drive Azure consumption via Azure services.
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure penetration
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and accurately forecast pipeline generation
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years of technology related sales or business development experience, particularly cloud computing.
- An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners.
- Understanding of cloud computing market and ability to develop deep expertise in Azure cloud services.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance of achieving goals.
- Takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role.
- Ability to drive business outcome selling combined with technical solutions selling experience
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment.
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.