|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to play a key role in the future of Gaming! The Portfolio, Solutions and Marketing (PSM) team are looking for a leader to help us develop our portfolio of Gaming solutions to grow our gaming customer base within the device partner ecosystem at Microsoft. As part of Microsoft’s Device Partner Sales (DPS) team, the PSM team is central to delivering on Microsoft’s vision for enabling digital transformation with an Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud. This team is responsible for accelerating the portfolio, business model, and new offer pipeline for partner devices and solutions that drives business growth and enables revenue, share and usage for Microsoft and our partners. We are agile, we innovate and focus on growth in our products, capabilities, and services with our partners.
The open position for Portfolio Lead – Gaming will lead our group’s efforts to drive the right device portfolio strategy, partnerships, and solutions to enable us to win customers, compete in the market and expand into new solution scenarios that leverage the extensibility and scale of Windows PC Gaming, XBOX Gamepass, XCloud and associated services.
This role offers the unique opportunity to develop a global services roadmap, and then implement that roadmap with support from engineering, marketing, and sales. Key duties include:
- Deliver a portfolio of devices and new offers in partnership with internal teams that drive consumption and revenue – focusing on partner evolution by building new gaming endpoint devices and business models integrated into GamePass and XCloud that drive preference for Microsoft platforms
- Drive a pipeline of incubation opportunities leveraging this portfolio of devices and services with Microsoft and partner sales teams to increase activations as well as services usage and revenue
This leader will manage a cross disciplinary virtual team focused on delivering a portfolio of partner gaming solutions across DPS partners. Examples are tablets, phones, handheld gaming devices and Gaming PCS built by our partners and integrated with technologies such as XCloud and Direct X. The leader will function at a strategic level, with knowledge of the technology and product offerings, market dynamics, ecosystem players, and routes to market. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and the ability to create data-driven, actionable strategies at a global level. This leader will also possess the ability to secure executive sponsorship and resourcing for new incubation initiatives. A key responsibility will be to land the innovation roadmap with top accounts to deepen their commitment to Microsoft, increase revenue attainment, and set the stage for scaling these offers across the DPS sales motions. Strong partnership with our sales and technical design teams is also a requirement, ensuring that we create sustainable new opportunities that can be taken forward by our global engines.
Specific role duties include:
- Delivering a portfolio of devices and solutions, committed to by Microsoft and Partner leadership and in concert with our programs, pricing and licensing teams
- Working with our engineering and product marketing teams to design offers that competitively address opportunities in the gaming market
- Ensuring alignment with internal roadmaps, building aligned portfolio plans and selecting partners that will co-invest and execute these plans
- Provide voice of customer and voice of partner feedback into product teams to influence engineering roadmaps
- Effectively liaising with Business Development and Account teams, to develop innovative new partnership opportunities in the space and ensure engineering commitment to support them
- Identifying and aligning partners/partner capability to incubate and scale strategies for new scenarios and services offers
- Identifying new device types and business models, meeting both articulated and unarticulated customer needs that drive expansion of our gaming business and partnerships
- Partnering with Account teams, Sales and Marketing Leads and Industry teams to land the business value of Microsoft priorities and technology portfolio at EBCs, key events, and executive client touch points strengthening Microsoft’s role as a trusted advisor.
- Achievement of key KPIs and targets (Offers defined, Portfolio Advocacy, Preinstall, Activation)
- At least 5 years of experience in a combination of business development, management consulting, technical sales, or product management in the gaming/technology industry
- Excellent communicator with superb ability to translate technology solutions into business outcomes with high ROI for Microsoft and its partners
- Deep incubation and innovation expertise in growing new businesses or technologies
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in gaming and ability to translate Microsoft’s value proposition to drive global strategies vs. competitors (Sony/Nintendo/Amazon/Google)
- Understanding of, or experience with gaming technologies such as Direct X and streaming services such as Microsoft Xcloud, Google Stadia and Amazon Luna
- Experienced in solution sell-with methodologies and partner pipeline management
- Track record of driving performance through influencing for impact and supporting strong cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration
- Proven ability to work across functions and provide leadership in challenging situations
- Ability to foresee future trends and a sixth sense for finding partners who can capitalize on them
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and leading teams towards achieving a common goal
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Able to represent Microsoft at key Industry events as a credible subject matter expert
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.