|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sr. Data & Applied Scientist (DSRE Data Intelligence team)
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you excited about Agile and working in a Data Science and Analytics? Are you the type of person who is intensely curious about security risks within the walls of organizations? Do you thrive on meeting the challenge of solving complex problems using cutting edge, data driven solutions? Are you looking for a highly inclusive and collaborative team to learn from and grow with? If the answer is yes, you may be a candidate to join our Data Intelligence team inside the Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organization. The DSRE Data Intelligence team has responsibility for providing data science and analytics services across all DSRE. Our team is made up of highly skilled data scientists & analysts, and security subject matter experts. Additionally, the team interacts with industry experts and maintains close ties with other Data Scientist and Analyst teams across Microsoft and the industries to compare and implement leading practices.
We are looking for a passionate Sr. Data Scientist/Analyst to architect, analyze, design and build creative data derived solutions to help Microsoft's Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organizational. This candidate should have proven data science and analytics experience and a strong ability to translate complex problems into technical designs and solutions.
- Driving insights about the internal services that we provide to Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE): the engineering systems, processes, and services.
- The scope includes understanding, analyze and architect, design and build creative data derived solutions to help Microsoft's Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organization goals.
- 8+ years of hands on analytics experience with proven quantitative orientation.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Economics/Business, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive programming knowledge (proficient in SQL or Databricks).
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, HD Insight, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business domain expertise in digital security.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.