|Job Type:||Full Time|
Studio Alpha is Microsoft’s Serious Gaming initiative. We empower organizations to solve complex planet-scale massive data problems using simulation and artificial intelligence run in the Cloud, visualized using Gaming Technology.
We’re pushing boundaries by applying the latest in gaming technology to our growing Azure cloud capabilities. Be part of an exciting new business start-up and help us expand our industry leading cloud and AI expertise into new sectors!
We are looking for an experienced Modeling and Simulation developer with a proven track record for systems integration and a deep understanding of HLA and DIS protocols for use in game engines. One who possesses both the skills and passion needed to push the leading edge of game technology and use of geospatial data to enable better strategic and tactical decision making for real-world, global scale problems.
Successful candidate for this role will have a passion for creating simulation focused game development experiences and world-class software engineering skills. You will be a key team member for building a new type of gaming-based experience leveraging Microsoft Gaming and Cloud technologies. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a new market segment, collaborating with industry leading cloud, game studio and game services leaders across Microsoft. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in C++
- 2+ shipped game titles and/or simulation products
- 2+ years of experience in HLA and DIS Protocols
- Strong understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Experience transforming and integrating simulation data into game engines
- Experience with systems integration
- Strong skills in C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Experience as primary architect of at least one core gameplay/simulation system
- Experience working with industry M&S tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK, AnyLogic, Unity and Unreal
- Understanding of how artificial intelligence and/or machine learning concepts can be applied to the simulation space
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to ‘fail fast'
- Able to solve problems of high technical complexity and scale in game development context
- Must be a strong collaborator with a growth mindset
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country