|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Application Group International Engineering (BAG IE) team is looking for an experienced and dynamic IPE to join its growing team of expert engineers contributing to making Business Applications products global in the Cloud!
As part of the centralized BAG Operations business group, BAG IE supports a wide range of Business Application products such as Power Platform, Dynamics 365 for Finance, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Marketing, Sales, Customer Care to name a few.
The IPE will work closely with the product & content publishing teams driving globalization and localizability of our content solutions and platforms as well as with our external localization supplier to produce world-ready localized versions of our content into multiple languages.
- Partner with core and content teams to review content solutions and publishing systems architecture from an internationalization support perspective, ensuring design and implementation are per world readiness best practices.
- Provide ongoing localizability and globalization support and guidance to product and content teams engineers, strategists, and PMs.
- Work with content strategists to define the localization cadence and schedule, including ensuring translation is completed for key milestones.
- Become an expert of assigned features and content systems.
- Define and drive, in partnership with IPM, the most suitable localization process for the different content sets.
- Contribute to BAG IE localization engineering system through continued optimization of processes and partnership with localization architect and IPEs.
- Provide support to our external localization supplier (define\communicate processes, schedules, manage assigned budget)
- Triages troubleshoot and drive localization issues to resolution pertaining to areas of ownership.
- 3+ years of experience working in localization engineering field (software and content).
- Strong knowledge of localizability and globalization concepts and best practices.
- Proven experience evangelizing and supporting product and content publishing teams on internationalization.
- Proven hands-on experience on localization tools & processes and innovation track record.
- Experience managing localization of products and content into multiple languages.
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience managing external localization suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required and knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Independent, self-motivated, and able to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Developer Tools products including coding skills preferred.
- Strong technical background; a degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Application products a plus.
This position is located in Bellevue WA, USA.
Some international travel may be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.