|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to play a significant role in Microsoft’s success transforming itself into a cloud first technology leader? Are you passionate about customers, process improvement and operational excellence? Do you want the opportunity to influence and participate in the roll out of once-in-a-generation change to Microsoft’s core commerce systems? Does the challenge of overcoming obstacles that others perceive as insurmountable excite you? If so, look no further than this opportunity within the Azure Commerce Customer Engagement team.
This Senior Program Manager role has responsibility for driving success with our public sector customers, increasing platform adoption and in turn consumption by ensuring customers have a great commerce and cost management experience with Azure. In this role, you will manage engagements with key customers to mature their capabilities and address their concerns, while gathering feedback and driving solutions with commerce engineering teams.
In this role, you will provide guidance to top consuming customers on how to successfully manage, monitor and optimize their use of Azure, using such things as resource groups, management groups, resource policies and tagging. You will also assist customers with their use of APIs to monitor usage and optimize cost through deep analysis on reservations, hybrid use and other benefits.
You will drive knowledge and awareness in coordination with partner teams to ensure success both internally and externally through documentation, training and notifications. You will have responsibility for engaging with the SME community regardless of organizational boundaries to solve customer problems and put the best solution forward for our customer. That includes the potential need for building incremental tooling to provide stop gap solutions or leverage existing tooling and customize to meet the unique needs of our public sector customers.
In this role you will also at times assist our top customers solve the most challenging they face related to Azure usage reporting, and Azure billing. You will be responsible for troubleshooting, analyzing, escalating, documenting and communicating to the various stakeholder communities as appropriate for each escalation. You will have the opportunity to directly work with our engineering teams to make sure bugs are getting addressed and newly requested features are developed that benefit our user and support communities. To be successful in role, your team will need to effectively collaborate with cross disciplinary teams in engineering, marketing, operations, tax, legal, customer support and sales.
- Coordinate and conduct deep global engagements with public sector Azure customers
- Help customers manage and optimize their cost and monitor and analyze their budgets
- Advise customers on how to best set up their systems to cross charge their complex Azure charges to their various cost centers
- Ensure customer understanding of reservations and Azure hybrid use benefits and how to ensure they are getting the most of their benefits
- Provide guidance on using resource/management groups and tags to organize their Azure
- Guide customers in setup and utilization of billing/consumption/enterprise/Subscription APIs
- Ensure confidence in pricing and discounts and guide customers regarding price protection rules and utilization of pricing calculators
- Improve governance by providing guidance on RBAC, resource policies and cross-charging
- Perform forensic analysis to investigate complex issues involving commerce services typically impacting large sets of customers and may also involve significant business impact.
- Collaborate with cross disciplinary teams in engineering, marketing, operations, tax, legal, customer support and sales to resolve commerce issues and drive improvements
KEY LEADERSHIP/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Strong technical proficiency with relational databases, big data concepts, reporting and utilization of APIs
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Customer-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand decision impacts
- Relationship building skills, maturity, strong presentation skills, high degree of self-confidence
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant business experience
- 5+ years proven, complex project/program management experience
- Master’s degree, MBA or equivalent
- Prior consulting engagements
- Prior experience in Finance, Accounting or Compliance
- Familiarity with REST API, C#, Kusto, ADF, SQL, Cosmos and/or PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience presenting to C-level executives
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements which are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Security Clearance: Candidates must have an active Top Secret/SCI (with polygraph) or Top Secret and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.