Last updated one month ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
As the Channel Business Development lead for Enterprise ITSM, you will play a meaningful role in the evolution of Atlassian's ITSM business! You will help to define our channel strategy and own key initiatives to develop and grow our business in this area. This highly visible position will work across a wide-range of internal teams, as well as with our ITSM-focused channel partners globally.
Using your channel experience and interpersonal skills, you will deliver successful outcomes against our OKRs - measured in both the successful recruitment of partners and our bookings targets. You will work with our channel and field organizations to reinforce the Atlassian brand within the market and assist in the growth of our ecosystem.
As the Channel Business Development team, we help expand the footprint of Atlassian in key market segments whether through growth with existing partners or new partner engagement. You'll see the big picture but also be able to master the details of our Enterprise ITSM solution and our associated channel model. Since you will be working with some of our most strategic partners, including GSI's, you will need to understand how a large scale business operates and hold your own in high-level customer partnership negotiations.
Does this sound interesting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
More about you
You are a highly motivated, analytically driven businessperson who views themselves as the CEO of their own business segment. You understand the complexities of the market and specifically the importance of partners in this ecosystem. You focus and drive channel specific initiatives, but also keep an eye on the business as a whole ensuring that decisions are made with long-term growth in mind. You've worked for a leading Enterprise ITSM vendor, or one of their strategic partners, and understand their culture and business needs. Although you have this experience, you don’t like the go-to-market approaches of legacy vendors and want to rewrite the book on how business can be done.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ Years in Enterprise ITSM market segment, either with a leading Vendor or strategic partner
- Experience leading complex contractual negotiations
- Consistent record working on partner recruitment efforts
- Extensive experience developing joint go-to-market strategies and solution development with partners
- Experience working internally across a variety of functions, including executive level engagements, channels, enterprise sales representatives, sales engineering (SE's), sales operations, marketing, and more
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding performance metrics - both sales/bookings as well as non-revenue targets
- Familiarity with Atlassian's suite of products, particularly Jira Service Management / Jira Service Desk
- Comprehensive understanding of Atlassian's sales & channels model
It's a plus if you have:
- Professional certification in industry-standard IT Service Management frameworks, such as ITIL v4, would be preferred
In this role, you'll get to:
- Support strategic channel sales opportunities for Enterprise ITSM
- Create and execute on a targeted recruitment strategy for strategic ITSM partnerships
- Assist partners in ITSM Solution / Practice development
- Participate in the creation and delivery of ITSM Enablement including technical and sales enablement
- Align across the organization for product / solution launches
- Partner with the Atlassian Marketing organization to create and execute ITSM-specific marketing strategies
- Establish productive peer-to-peer relationships with additional internal Atlassian team members including the Enterprise ITSM Team
- Work closely with counterparts in the Channels (Channel Managers) and Sales organization to build, measure, and optimize strategies for local markets
Key Results Areas:
- Targeting and successful recruitment of new Enterprise ITSM partners
- Incremental and measurable "sell-through" channel revenue
- Demand Generation with partners across Atlassian events, tradeshows, and partner ITSM-focused events
- Assistance with ITSM Enablement efforts, measured by Certifications, Specializations, and other training activities
More about our team
The Channel Business Development Team is an entrepreneurial group of women and men with deep domain expertise, focusing on the most strategic areas of our business. We enhance the work of our channel managers and field sales, and team with our product and marketing leaders, to help our partners deliver solutions to the market. The Channels team is an integral part of Atlassian's broader field operations group, which has a unique approach to delivering value to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.