|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission is to keep the billions of users of Microsoft’s intelligent cloud and edge products (covering the breadth of Windows, Edge, Azure OS offerings, HoloLens and more) protected and productive by releasing critical security and non-security updates on a clockwork cadence. Patch Tuesdays – we make it happen. Every second Tuesday of each month, every year, we release security updates for the entire line of supported products, across the globe. Getting this right requires machinery – a software supply chain covering a breadth of functions. This is where you come in. You will be the team lead and people manager of a diverse group of engineers building services and systems to ensure we have the right content to start the supply chain at the right time. Intelligence to produce the content and metadata for OS and Azure based derivative products, as well as capabilities for automation are key for our business. This team is working on efficiencies for today and dreaming the future. Several partners in the company depend on the accuracy and scale of our services.
We are looking for an engineering lead with experience in leading teams that build and efficiently operate services. As the team lead, you will be leading, coaching, and mentoring a talented, diverse team of engineers to achieve success. You will have the opportunity to influence roadmap of new and existing services, as well as contribute to design and architecture. You will work cross group to drive consensus for customer-oriented outcomes.
If your passion lies in building world class teams in a collaborative environment, you get energized by tough problems, want to build the next generation technology, and have a bias for customer obsessed results, we’d love to hear from you.
As an engineering leader you will be responsible for:
- Modeling, coaching, and caring for employees and peers, helping everyone bring their best self to work and continue to grow in their careers, as you grow in yours
- Promote cross group collaboration, working across boundaries and building partnerships with stakeholder teams to achieve consensus and best customer outcome.
- Delivery of technical solutions with appropriate balance of risk taking and prioritization – taking projects from ideation to results, with high quality.
- Driving engineering improvements and rigor within the team as well as with stakeholders
- Running and operating the services with high standards of service metrics.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
- 8+ years engineering experience
- 3+ years leading software engineering teams
- Experience with large scale services architectures and technologies
- Experience building solutions with Azure is a plus (Cosmos DB, Azure Tables, Service Fabric, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, AppInsights, AAD, Pipelines) is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.