|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced software engineer with a passion for building high scale web-based applications and services? Do you excel in driving teams in building performant, intuitive designs? Are you able to generate energy throughout the teams that you lead? Do you have a passion for open source and developer experience? If so, come join us!
We are the Partner, Analytics, and essential experiences (PAX) team, a part of the W+D (Windows + Devices) engineering organization. Our team’s vision is that Windows users find it easy to discover and engage with the experiences they need most; and that ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) are excited to build Windows experiences because they can innovate, differentiate, and exceed their business goals on Windows. You will be a member of a new and growing team that builds high scale, secure, reliable, low latency services that power an app experience that runs on hundreds of millions of devices, alongside a portfolio of high scale services that PAX builds and runs today.
You will be an experienced full stack engineer responsible for building web applications and services that power client experiences to enable app discovery, app acquisition, and open source tools. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help set technical direction for these services, and work across a multidiscipline team to make implementation decisions. In your role you will work with other software engineers, designers, and product owners to launch new experiences that integrate with existing systems. We welcome your innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our growth mindset culture that is grounded in customer obsession, and diversity and inclusion.
- 5+ years of experience working on large scale applications or services
- 2+ years’ experience using object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong and applied knowledge of service infrastructure, frameworks, and technologies such as Azure Cloud Services, Azure Service Fabric, ASP.NET Core 2, .Net Framework, React.js, and Git
- Proven ability to work through the full DevOps lifecycle from initial design to final product to live site support
- Proven fundamental understanding of how to deliver end-to-end scenarios with security, reliability, and engineering quality in mind
- Proficiency of front-end tools such as React, Web Components and service workers
- Proficiency in RESTful web services technologies
- Knowledge of the latest data storage, analysis, and visualization systems (CosmosDB, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of specific technologies such as Azure Cloud Services, Azure Service Fabric, ASP.NET Core 2, .Net Framework, NuGet packages, Git, Service Bus, Event Hub, Data Factory, Tables/Queues/Blobs, SQL, Key Vault, Application Insights nice to have
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To see all our team’s openings, search for #paxjobs on our careers page.