|Location:||Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Security, Compliance and Identity (SCI) is critical for our increasingly digital world. As digital transformation accelerates, our mission to empower every person on the planet by building a safer world has never been more important.
SCI is a multi-billion-dollar business today with a steep growth trajectory. Our addressable market exceeds $150B, and as such Microsoft recently brought these categories together to form our newest commercial customer solution area.
We are looking to drive new growth from a strategic perspective that will look across the entire opportunity and portfolio, in addition to existing product centric work. This is a wonderful opportunity to shape this new effort to identify, nurture, and drive an emerging set of strategic projects to drive growth. On looking left to right across the portfolio to identity new growth opportunities – you will partner closely with product teams, product marketing, finance and business development.
The SCI Strategy lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify, define, and champion new growth opportunities for SCI based on customer, market, and competitive insights
- Build and maintain a strategic framework to ground SCI business discussions and to support executive leadership for forums including Board of Directors, and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) strategy reviews
- Partner with finance, business development and engineering organizations to build relationships, advocacy and impact
- Drive key strategy projects and orchestrate workstreams; own overall efforts, including project plans, recommendations, impact, and driving alignment between leaders and commitment to deliver between individual product organizations
- Connect strategy to fiscal year marketing plans
Required / minimum qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, economics, finance, business planning, and/or equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, driving change in a large company)
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills through all levels of the organization
Additional or preferred qualifications:
- Desire to operate at the intersection of technology and business, spearheading organizational, operational, and technological change
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation with ability to leverage both quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive decision making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
- Deep understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an innovative, startup-like, fast-paced environment, with rapid exploration and ability to execute
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects (often including project management of cross-functional v-teams)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.