|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a product marketer you are passionate about technology, enjoy making complex information simple to understand, and love leading a multi-disciplinary group of people to a common outcome.
You understand the power of technology showcase, the importance of listening to feedback and the impact focusing on real world outcomes has for customers.
You work with kindness, empathy, and integrity in every interaction you have.
Every company is beginning to think and operate like a digital company, changing the way that people work and, in recent pandemic times, dramatically shifting where people work. Against a backdrop of rapidly increasing cyberthreats that can destroy reputations and confidence, these changes offer both new opportunities and new challenges.
As organizations look to have people work in new ways that take advantage of increasingly mobile and remote working collaborative technologies, the potential for a security breach has increased. This is where Microsoft leads the industry in providing an environment that is both productive for users while also delivering security solutions to keep threats at bay.
This role offers an opportunity to help shape the security offerings in Microsoft’s Security, Compliance, and Identity business. From the underlying platform security services through to end user experiences, we continue to expand our capabilities for security operations professionals and further integrate across both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
Your work world
- As the product marketer who takes this role, you want to join a flexible team with a wide variety of histories and backgrounds. We actively promote inclusivity and value diverse backgrounds, inputs, and opinions, and you’re someone who finds joy in what you work on.
- You gain personal energy from working on product strategy and roadmap investments, launching new things into market, influencing senior leaders in decision making, and helping customers understand the outcomes we strive to deliver.
- You think creatively, bring a different perspective to share and quite possibly you have passions outside of work just like we do.
- You are curious, questioning, excited to engage with and learn from others. Every day you are passionate about influencing product strategy and delivering impactful messaging to the market.
- You are well and truly up for big challenges; in fact, you get bored when things are easy.
- You enjoy the journey from ambiguity to clarity, love the listening as much as the teaching and you know when to push harder for greater success.
If this balance of skills, qualities and passions sounds like you then we should talk!
- Drive core product marketing deliverables including positioning, messaging, branding, and naming of Microsoft security services, solutions, and products.
- Work with our engineering leaders on product investment priorities and roadmap items.
- Develop and manage disclosure plans and associated press and analyst relations deliverables.
- Engage and delight customers and community influencers with excellent product advocacy, evangelism and thought leadership.
- Establish a deep understanding and point-of-view on competitive offerings.
- Maintain strong relationships across security related teams from marketing, sales, and the community.
- A willingness to learn, absorb and correlate technical information, and then be able to interpret, simplify and communicate broadly.
- A background in marketing or transferrable experience such as creating content, developing technical showcase, presenting at events and customer presentations.
- A proven ability to participate and influence in technical reviews to drive the best customer outcomes.
- A proven showcase of authored content and confidence to speak to varying size groups of people.
- A successful track record of working collaboratively across teams with differing functions and priorities.
- It is not essential, but certainly beneficial, to have knowledge and background in security solutions and security operational practices.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.