|Location:||Austin, Texas, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director, WW Cross Solution Sales Executive is a senior leader within our Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) sales organization reporting to VP/General Manager for Microsoft's Cross Solutions business. The role is designed to provide deep business insights, senior leadership on business development strategies, develop cross-solution talent / organizational capacity, and direct “hands on” and specialized sales execution support to Solution Area Global Black Belt (GBB) sales teams across the top fourteen geographic areas, globally, the A14.
About WW Cross Solutions
Our team is dedicated to unlocking the full value of cross-solutions products and selling. Our goal is to help drive differentiated customer outcomes by leveraging the full, combined capabilities of Microsoft Solutions, along with our partner solutions.
About the role – Director, WW Cross Solutions Sales Executive
This role is a “technical & business expert” function providing leadership, technical support to GBB sales teams, and will accelerate the cross-solutions business by building ambitious sales plans to capitalize on transformational shifts occurring in the marketplace. You will be an experienced technical sales leader who has a demonstrated ability in strategic sales execution, ability to build a strong Microsoft network, exceptional customer/partner relationship management, sales talent development, and deep expertise in sales execution.
The ability to hold others accountable and demonstrate impact and influence without direct control while maintaining excellent cross-boundary collaboration are critical success factors for the role. You will not own all the sales resources in the field, but given your span of influence, experience, seniority, and your large team of the most senior sellers in the field, you will be looked to for insights around the performance of the business and held accountable for the results and helping GBB teams to excel in overall business performance metrics.
As a WW Cross Solutions Sales Executive, you will develop smart cross-solution selling strategies for sales teams and partners that focus on business value, making deals larger, multi-year driven, faster and more impactful. You will be a market-influencer able to leverage a strong and active Business Decision Maker network and challenge Sellers with insights and perspectives that empower them to adopt new practices, think differently and accelerate business growth. You are disciplined in business & technical management and thrive in a complex selling world.
You will help to align and evolve global cross-solution strategies by providing seasoned business insight from direct past experiences and is capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams along with the large team of experienced senior sales professionals. You will assess Area and Country growth opportunities for multi-solution selling, identify root causes and performance gaps, build & nurture the partner ecosystem, and assess cross-solution GBB talent and capacity plans to ensure Microsoft realizes its full growth potential in the market.
You will work directly with Corporate Business Groups, worldwide field teams, and partners to formulate cross-solution sales strategy and plans. You will lead execution of these strategies through working directly with field account teams, Global Black Belts and strategic customers and partners to achieve sales results. You will also partner with time zone and area leadership to ensure plans are in place to achieve our sales and deployment goals. You will take this first-hand experience and synthesize feedback to scale the business, optimize execution and drive course corrections to grow revenue and share. In addition, you will provide strategic insights and recommendations for changes in overall strategy back to both Sales and Business Group Executives. This will enable our customers to accelerate the time to value of their Microsoft investment and deliver a more integrated and connected customer experience.
Sales Guidance and Landing: Execute cross-solution sales strategies and best practices to drive wins for the Azure Solutions business, and land sales guidance “on-the-road” with our field sellers. This includes visits to worldwide locations to deliver guidance and coaching with field and Global Blackbelt teams remotely.
Voice of the Customer: Identify systemic issues impacting our sales execution with customers and partners and represent these back to corporate stakeholders to drive required changes and drive success.
Sales Excellence: Accountable for the success of the Cross Solutions business and their respective strategic growth areas. This includes engaging on pipeline health and deal status for strategic opportunities and big bets categories. You will also ensure appropriate qualified pipeline is in place to achieve budget targets, identifying blockers to attainment, and driving resolution with core stakeholders.
Sales Leadership: Hires, develops, and retains a high-performing diverse team. Instill business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive revenue growth, with a customer centric focus and disciplined execution.
Technology Acumen: Develop deep understanding of our products, interoperability of them and how they deliver customer outcomes by evaluating technical architecture.
- A proven track record of sales excellence and performance in technical solution selling to large-scale enterprise organizations.
- Excellent business judgment and results across a range of disciplines including sales, marketing, finance, and strategic planning.
- Progressive success as a strong individual contributor who grew into a seasoned sales leader, with success building, developing, and retaining exceptional solution sales professionals.
- Ability to build positive working relationships across both Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and Global Sales Marketing & Operations (GSMO) senior leadership teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Microsoft modern tech stack (Azure, M365, D365, et al)
- Have a passion and skill for getting into the details to understand root cause behind issues and opportunities and possess the ability to turn deep business insight into actionable plans.
- Experience launching new solutions and building business (market makers)
- Must think strategically about business issues and organizational strategy.
- Creative thinker who can see “the big picture” and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity and in a matrixed enterprise organization.
- Must have excellent process discipline, milestone management and time management skills with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must demonstrate organization and process focused discipline; especially in areas of the business not directly owned.
- Can clearly prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel and effectively achieve results through a largely indirect group of internal Microsoft stakeholders.
- Have strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a loosely structured team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming, cross group collaboration, and real-time responsiveness.
- Possess excellent listening skills and proficient oral and written communications.
- Have a passion and interest in multi-cultural issues, and the growing impact of developing economies on global business trends.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the world, with a preference for the United States. You can expect global travel, less than 25 - 50%, contingent on Covid-19 restrictions.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.