|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building large scale services? Are you looking for a rare V1 opportunity to work in a startup like environment with big challenges and business impact?
Come join the newly formed Azure Usage Billing team to build the next-generation usage platform to report billing for all Azure services. Microsoft Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure provides customers an on-demand scalable platform to build, host and operate services through Microsoft global data centers. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 200+ distinct capabilities available in 50+ regions. Our customers use different Azure services and are billed as per their usage of these services with different SKUs/offers. This is a rare opportunity to define and drive the new frontier of infrastructure to meet the demands of growing Azure usage and provide a unified, reliable, and accurate usage billing platform. This service offering will support the breadth of Azure offerings with additional capabilities for auditing, automated verification and reconciliation, analytics and much more!
We are part of the Azure Data team with access to all of Microsoft’s data platform services and engineering to support this effort. This is a unique opportunity for someone who values broad, cross org collaboration to drive a global scale offering at the heart of the Azure business from the ground up. You will partner and engage with various Azure Service and platform teams, as well as stakeholders across Commerce platform, Global and more.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers with ability to work in a fast paced environment, cloud services experience, strong collaboration skills and enthusiasm to work on various engineering efforts across the service stack.
Interested in pushing the envelope on cloud-scale distributed system technology? Want to be part of a team building rock-solid platform with high availability and reliability guarantees for billing data? Come join us on this exciting journey!
As an engineer on the team, you will have the opportunity to work with various Azure technologies to build a massively scalable cloud service. You will design, develop and validate various components needed to build a robust, distributed and resilient platform for Azure Usage Billing. We are looking for full stack engineers who can build from the ground up across the end to end system. This includes working on service management, programmability, usage pipeline, service fundamentals like monitoring, security, performance, engineering systems, tooling and livesite.
- 5+ years of programming experience in C OR C++ OR C# OR Java OR object-oriented programming
- Experience building complex distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or 3years of practical experience
- Solid understanding of cloud development principles and patterns.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work collaboratively across several teams.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep.
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.