|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team within Azure are responsible for the definition, design, development, and support of the hardware that is delivered into Microsoft Datacenters. We focus on delivering solutions required for our cloud service platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO) and providing great customer experiences on unreliable hardware.
In the Azure Hardware Key Management Service development team, you will design and develop a high scalable cloud service to collect, sign, maintain the hardware identity for end to end lifecycle of cloud server devices from the supply chain to the data center. The service also integrate with Microsoft internal and external existing services, tools and solutions to reduce the risk of security breach during the supply chain, maintain fleet hygiene, and harden the security in Microsoft data center.
- Design and develop highly scalable, cloud native applications and large scale distributed microservices for Azure Hardware Key Management
- Bring excellent software engineering habits and produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD).
- Work with Microsoft partner ODMs, OEMs and other suppliers to integrate hardware identity harvesting and provisioning process in supply chain.
- Work with other Microsoft internal teams to enable supporting of new RoT hardware that requires hardware identity management
- Bachelors required in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science desired
- 2+ years of hands on coding experience required (C/C++/C# code development, debug, and test )
- 1+ years’ experience with cloud services (preferably on Azure), monitoring and live site
- A sound track-record of shipping products and having been through at least one development cycle
- Self-motivated individual, must be able work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across the team of engineers.
- Web API services infrastructure (RESTful API, Swagger), Microservices
- Working knowledge in software security, digital asset security, cryptography, X509 certificate and digital signing
- Familiarity with Azure services like storage, networking, Service Fabric, Cosmos DB, Event Hubs
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress when situations are in flux
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.