|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others? Do you have an affinity for enabling outstanding customer support? Do you have a deep understanding of Microsoft Azure Core services, products, and technologies?Do you have experience helping organizations implement, manage and support Azure solutions, or developing technical training based on Azure core technologies? If so, become part of the digital transformation at Microsoft by building technical learning and assessment experiences that enable current and aspiring Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) Support Engineers toestablish, grow, and maintain their essential deep technical and troubleshooting skills!
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers,partners, employees, and future generations: enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve professional success. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help customer and partner IT professionals and Microsoft employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer, field, and support needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT) supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate in the content we deliver.
WWL Global Technical Learning is looking for a seasoned IT and Learning & Developmentprofessional to design, create, curate, and maintain a curriculum that provides world-class learning experiences for Microsoft Support Engineers within the CSS Azure Core Services Support Engineering group. This candidate also needs to exhibit visible passion for training others, and ideally has experience as a training developer,trainer, or technical writer, combined with IT planning, implementation, development, or support experience.
In this role, you will engage with CSS subject matter experts to define and develop technical training curriculums, knowledge measures, and assessments that enable and measure critical role-specific skills for Azure Core Services Support Engineers, informed by supportability data and aligned with high-impact customer support scenarios. Youwill leverage and adaptindustry standard adult learning practices to define requirements, design, and develop innovative learner experiences uniquely targeted to Support Engineer skills and learning requirements.
Strong verbal and written communication and cross-group collaboration skills are an essential part of your Content Developer skill set, as you become closely connected to the CSSSupport Engineering teams to monitor and respond to rapid product release and update cycles. In partnership with CSS, you will define learning requirements, curate existing and create net-new content assets,and update and maintain existing curriculums. Youwill manage the content development process from ideation and skills analysis all the way through final product release.
Proven project management skills are essential in this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle. You will become WWL’s “authoritative source” for CSS training content in the Azure Core Servicesspace. Strong product development mindset will be an asset as you collaborate with teammates to envision and implement innovative ways for Microsoft employees, customers, and partners to access the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies.
Primary roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, author and publish the highest quality learning experiences for Azure Core ServicesSupport Engineers.Asset formats include text, graphics, videos, hands-on labs, and interactive learning activities.
- Work with Microsoft CSS subject matter experts and other Content and Product Groups to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product and support lifecycles.
- Familiarity and experience withMicrosoftAzure Core Services, includingproducts, services, solutions, and dependency technologies, including:
- Azure IaaS VM
- Azure Storage
- Azure IaaS Networking
- Azure App Service
- Azure Containers and Azure Kubernetes Service
- Understanding of Customer Service & Support Engineeringroles and general IT troubleshooting methodologies.
- Experience with instructional design and curriculum development across multiple modalities (online, instructor-led).
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Strong Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment core competencies.
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs.
- Understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as Power BI.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.