|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and we believe that artificial intelligence will play a critical role in accomplishing that mission. The Edge team is responsible for delivering the most intelligent, most productive browser to billions of devices around the world.
The Consumer Edge Browser team is looking for a motivated and passionate Principal Applied Scientist who interested in contributing to building advanced intelligence into the browser for improved user productivity. The scenarios include automating the many-step tasks users do in the browser today, understanding the page the user is on including the semantics and main entities on the page, predicting the next activity of the user, and clustering the user tasks of different tabs into coherent and more productive groups. In addition to helping the user be more productive in Edge, this technology will impact many groups and products across the company.
In the Edge team we value and leverage diverse perspectives to help achieve our goal of making everyone more productive. It is only through diverse perspectives and a growth mindset can we achieve this ambitious goal.
If you love making next generation technology with AI and delivering it to consumer products that impact billions of users across the world, we are looking for you!
As a Principal Applied Scientist on our team you will be responsible for:
- Developing algorithms that generate improved user productivtity by predicting what users want and shortening their time to achieve browser tasks. Research and develop solutions to such objectives.
- Working with key business stakeholders to understand the underlying business needs and formulate the needs into discrete, manageable problems with well-defined measurable objectives and outcomes.
- Identifying and applying the appropriate methods/tools to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis to help with such user tasks.
- Transforming formulated problems into implementations plans for experiments by defining success metrics, applying/creating the appropriate methods, algorithms, and tools, as well as delivering statistically valid and reliable results.
- Developing new predictive and prescriptive models using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques with a goal of productionizing solutions.
- Influenceing stakeholders to make product/service improvements that yield customer/business value by effectively making compelling cases through storytelling, visualizations, and other influencing tools.
- Identifying and analyzing the applicability and scalability of innovative data science methods, algorithms, and tools from within Microsoft and from the scientific literature to create/test solutions that deliver value to customer and business.
- 6+ years of industry experience in software design/development, data science and/or applied science
- Practical experience with Machine Learning systems
- Experience developing in Python and one of the following: C#, java, C++/C
- Passionate, self-motivated
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Deep learning experience is also applicable to this role, but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
//edgejobs #Edge# #MachineLearning# #WebXTPrincipal#