|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission
As a Business Program Manager in the US Chief Technology Office organization, you will have the opportunity to apply strategic thinking and innovative ideas to real-world business issues. You will deliver key business insight, planning, and analysis needed by senior leadership to develop strategy, deliver internal and external communications, and maintain operational rigor for this fast-growing business. As part of a high performing team, you will deliver significant impact across the business with high visibility.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Assist in driving the Rhythm of the Business planning and execution, including agenda and content. Plan the full-year business rhythm for the organization.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, for regular business reviews (monthly, quarterly, mid-year)
- Drive communication strategy and plan.
- Participate in fiscal year planning and growth planning.
- Assist senior leadership with business strategy. Synthesize business strategies and present viable recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Track progress against strategic plan execution.
- Coordinate and prepare for business reviews, all hands meetings, customer, partner, vendor presentations and industry presentations, manager strategy meetings, and other key meetings.
- Partner with stakeholders across various teams to drive development and implementation of cross-organizational initiatives.
- Provide oversight of the development and deployment of relevant and effective operational project reporting & business metrics. Coordinate the generation of monthly scorecards, drive processes for the definition and creation of key performance indicators.
- Plan and conduct market and industry analysis and drive communication of key insights.
- Track business objectives and drive scorecard attainment through working with internal finance and operations groups.
- Aggregate data and create presentations for internal weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews.
- Engage and direct multiple discussions across stakeholder groups. Participate and drive projects related to overall strategy decisions. Create the conditions for successful collaboration at the organizational level through information sharing, mutual benefit and ability to partner with others.
- Maintain relationships with peers inside and outside the team to ensure strong cross-group collaboration and connection with this organization.
- 5+ years industry or related program management experience.
- Depth of experience or understanding in business intelligence systems and analytics.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop communication strategy and execution plans.
- Problem-solving ability, especially in gathering data to drive decision making under stringent timelines.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- MBA or equivalent to proven business experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.