|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Executive Office of the Corporate Vice President (CVP) of Modern Work and Security Solution Areas ishiring a Director, Business Operations & Program Management to lead business process and budget management. This role has responsibility for defining, improving, and orchestrating a multi-solution area rhythm of the business, ensuring strategic alignment to the business priorities of the CVP and the broader Modern Work and Security organization.
The ideal candidate is self-directed with an ability to manage through ambiguity and look around corners to anticipate business needs. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels and strong financial acumen. Critical to the success of this role, the candidate should be able to operate at all altitudes with a willingnessand capability to do the work, not just manage it. The ideal candidate is effective in developing critical processes, standard operating procedures, and communications that facilitate the health of the business.
Structurally, this role reportsinto the Chief of Staff for the Corporate Vice President, Modern Work and Security Solution Areas. The successful candidate will partner with a wide range of stakeholders in the Modern Work & Security organization, including the extended leadership team.
- Apply a broad and deep understanding of the business to define, plan, and manage the rhythm of connections to drive improved efficiency and performance
- Lead day-to-day budget management and in partnership with finance and provide regular reporting on actuals vs. forecast
- Drive efficient and effective post-meeting follow up, ensuring that actions are communicated to owners and reviewed regularly to assess progress
- Partner across the organization to simplify and automate processes where possible
- 10+ years of professional experience in marketing, finance, project management or business management
- Business maturity and acumen, including the ability to understand the various components of the business
- Ability to create mechanisms, influence processes, and come up with creative solutions to achieve the desired outcome
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and programmatically with clear prioritization
- Internal and external negotiations experience with ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues
- Strong organizational skills, executional excellence, attention to detail, and commitment to follow through
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Global mindset and commitment to diversity and inclusion
- BS/BA degree preferred
LOCATION: Redmond, WA preferred. Open to candidates within a 3 hour time difference to Redmond.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.