|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft, we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
We’re looking for Director of Segment Sales Strategy who will partner with corporate and field stakeholders to accelerate our Azure Data & AI segment sales motions aimed at maximizing our consumption in our Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) and Major Accounts customer base. This strategic role includes defining our Data & AI SMC and Major Account sales strategy and executing go-to-market sales initiatives that the field can leverage to take advantage of the massive market opportunity we have within this space. This will involve understanding and working to optimize opportunities including partner activation, field seller coverage, resourcing, customer offers and customer cloud maturity.
The Director of Segment Sales Strategy will be accountable for delivering measurable business results via cross-organization and worldwide executive leadership. This entails deep direct engagement with field, partners, and customers while representing Microsoft’s worldwide Data & AI business. On-going collaboration facilitation experience with key cross-organizational stakeholders and senior leadership within Marketing, One Commercial Partner (OCP), Customer Success, WW Inside Sales, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units is essential to shape and execute unified global sales and partner strategies. Finally, this role requires working knowledge of sales channels and customer cloud adoption life cycles for Data & AI centric workloads.
- SMC and Major Accounts Sales Strategy: Define, deliver, and execute the Azure Data & AI sales strategy against measurable KPIs that accelerate the Azure Data & AI consumption business, and result in new sales motions, programs, licensing models & offerings
- Business Expertise & Analytics: On-demand insight and understanding of business architecture & metrics including sales capacity, coverage, competencies, and supporting programs/resources in direct support of effectively driving sales activation at scale
- Accelerate Scale Sales Execution: Define scale programs for each segment through opportunity identification and gaps in the current GTM strategy. Through cross-business collaboration, orchestrate teams to develop content and customer/partner offers to drive scale programs
- Lead Strategic Pilots with the Field: Land strategic programs and pilots through the field teams. Measure the effectiveness of programs adoptability as needed, and leverage WW learnings to accelerate Major and SMC consumption
- Major and SMC Accounts SME & Best Practice Sharing: Serve as SME for the different Azure Data & AI segment business (SMC and Majors). Partner with internal stakeholders & business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer & best practices sharing
- Enablement & Readiness: Support field and partner sales enablement resources including programs, offerings, and readiness activities including solution opportunity activation & execution guidance
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors, field leadership, and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW Solutions Technical Unites (STU), Customer Success, Inside Sales, OCP, and Services
- 7+ years of experience in product or solutions sales and/or marketing; should work autonomously, be results-driven, and demonstrate the ability to influence across group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Significant experience in industry sales, partner, & channel management, preferably experience working across sales channels at Microsoft, or a similar matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of the sales segments: Customer, Partner, SMC, Majors, Enterprise and Services sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models
- Demonstrated expert in landing programs and sales initiatives coupled with cloud solution area expertise. Data & AI experience preferred, but not required
- Must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential. Most importantly, the candidate will be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities & alternatives while influencing a large team to execute with them.
- BS/BA required strongly preferred. MS / MBA preferred.
LOCATION: US strongly prefered.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.