|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have high energy, drive, strong initiative, and are proactive in anticipating your organization and leader’s needs? Are you able to multitask effectively and have excellent coordination, organizational, and project managements skills? If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and are passionate about your role as a business support professional – we would like to learn more about you! Highly motivated individuals who are passionate about the quality of their work are encouraged to apply.
This position will support a Partner E360 Management in a large engineering organization. Given the continual exposure to internal and external executive leadership, the Business Administrator (BA) role requires outstanding communication skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively while handling multiple time- tasks simultaneously. The BA must have complex calendaring skills, operational excellence, and must be able to use data and business systems to drive process changes across the organization. The candidate must have the ability to work independently, navigate day to day activities with ambiguity, uphold the highest level of integrity and business professionalism, and deal with highly sensitive data with absolute confidentiality. This is a unique opportunity to work in a division that truly empowers business administrators to have a big impact on their teams and deliver their full potential every day!
- Calendar: Complex Partner calendar management with attention to accuracy, timeliness, and alignment with Senior Leader’s priorities and commitments (strategic time prioritization). Ability to analyze and respond appropriately to scheduling trends and priorities to ensure the executive is engaged only in essential meetings and events.
- Rhythm of Business (ROB): Key driver and management of the organizational calendar and annual ROB scheduling including All Hands, Town Halls, Deep Dives, Business Reviews with internal and external stakeholders, Budget Reviews, Performance Connects, Rewards Discussions, morale activities, etc. Must work with key partners for meeting logistics, and cross organizational boundaries for planning and executive meeting needs (including workback plans) through ROB ownership. Work closely with Business Manager to align ROB processes and operations on the Partner’s calendar to ensure tight coordination of commitments.
- Headcount: In partnership with the Business Manager community, process headcount requests including PCN management, real-time req openings and Workforce tracking status updates, monitoring headcount levels, and participating in headcount planning exercises. Reconcile workforce needs across geo-locations through weekly workforce calls across the organization, manage system changes for PCN reprioritizations and backfill needs by partnering closely with Hiring Managers and Financial owners for updated FTE onboarding requirements.
- Budget: Own the organization’s discretionary budget for long-range hardware planning, licensing, training, conference/seminars, T&E, and morale. Team wide expense report approvals and monthly expense report reconciliations against discretionary budget. Cascade and communicate budget to leadership team on monthly basis for overage/underage areas for potential favorability.
- Space: Coordinate new hire office space and future reshuffle office planning across broader organization (including multiple business administrators) to allocate appropriate space for teams in multiple city and campus locations. Identify overall organizational space needs (current and future allocation plans), space gaps, concerns, and risks for reallocating/reshuffling teams to drive efficiencies.
- Vendor Onboarding: Maintain monthly HeadTrax data audits, including requirements gathering, background screen processing, onboarding and deactivation requests for continued vendor compliance and supplier excellence across the team. Preserve the integrity of supplier data updates for Outsourced ID/Managed Service Contracts, cost center, manager, and company code changes required for evolving business models.
- Partnership: Partner with other team admins and the Core Services & Engineering Administrator team for consistent administrative support across all CSEO. Share best practices and lessons learned as appropriate.
- Projects: Lead and contribute to special CSEO-wide projects with other Business Administrators. Work with Partner on special team-wide projects.
- Security Groups: Manage, create, and maintain org-wide distribution lists and security groups for Partner Manager.
- Travel: End to end domestic and international travel planning and purchasing, including calendar adjustments to drive efficiencies and optimize time during their travel period (less than 5% travel time per year).
- 5+ years demonstrated administrative experience in a fast-paced environment, understanding the executive’s needs and making appropriate decisions and requests on behalf of the executive.
- 5+ years proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Visio, MS Teams on Windows 10 required).
- Advanced experience with internal Microsoft tools for tracking headcount, budget, expenses, etc. including (but not limited to): Manager Self-Service (MSS), Employee Central, iCIMS, HeadTrax, InformaWeb, MSSpace, Assetlink, MyOrder, MSTravel, MSExpense, SASWeb.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a global team with remote employees while dealing with ambiguity in a timely manner.
- 3+ years’ experience of high-volume calendar scheduling, travel, and expense coordination.
- Strong planning and excellent organization skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for creating positive relationships with the team (trusted confidants).
- Must be able to collaborate easily and often with others, both within the team and cross-organizational boundaries, including accommodation of different work styles, perspectives, and opinions of diverse individuals.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects on time, demonstrate drive and initiative, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Project and operational management skills including travel planning, calendaring, and understanding the business to help the decision-making process.
- Demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail and must be able to monitor complex plans and schedules and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events with short deadlines.
- Be comfortable with being a trusted confidant and high-impact member of the Partner Manager Leadership Team.
- Excellent judgment in dealing with confidential information and ensuring accurate and time distribution of information (policy gate keeper).
- Proven track record of excellent judgement, problem resolution, teamwork, negotiation, budgeting, analytical skills, and the ability to work under pressure required.
Describe the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will love taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement for themselves. Must be comfortable working at the executive level while effectively managing and prioritizing a demanding workload under critical time constraints with a calm, confident, and positive attitude.
EOE Statement (required, do not edit)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.