|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to work with Partners i.e. Mobile Service Providers, to build an ecosystem of data modernization solutions, encompassing the best of Microsoft and telecom technologies. The CSA is a mix of a hands-on, highly technical role and a strategic enablement role; accountable for working with Microsoft’s Partners to help architect and develop complex end-to-end Microsoft and telecom data solutions, and to accelerate and expand technical enablement execution across our Telecom Partner ecosystem.
In this role as an individual contributor, you will own technical enablement strategy and engagement; working directly with Microsoft’s Telecom Partners to identify, qualify, architect, and help develop Apps and telco grade Data solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer/partner facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers/partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and the drive to help develop solutions that create real and measurable business results.
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales Specialist assigned on a specific targeted region.
- Support all Pre- and Post-sales Network Engineering efforts within the assigned account and coordinate all aspects of technical support for customer.
- Candidate will also be responsible for onsite management of Microsoft assets with the customer.
- Coordinate and manage pre-sales lab trials efforts, including: test plan development, design installation of trial equipment, facilitation of EF&I, feature validation testing, and (as applicable) Network Acceptance Testing.
- Professionally demonstrate system functionality and interface with customers as well as Microsoft’s Networks Engineering and SQA teams as issues arise.
- Monitor bug fixes and track feature development in code releases, ensure that the relationship between Microsoft and the assigned account is strong.
- Conduct on-going technical demos to various organizations within the assigned account to uncover future opportunities and to strengthen the business relationship.
- Provide secondary and tertiary support for other Cloud Solution Architects at Microsoft.
- Assist in the development of product and applications slides for potential customers.
- Respond to technical Bids, RFI's and RFP's, provide high-level network architecture support and work with Product Management and Network Design teams to validate customer architecture, review and plan for customer requirements.
- Participate in creation and maintenance of documentation library and knowledge base for Cloud Solution Architects.
- Prior client management experience in the Mobile Core space.
- Ability to supervise field engineering resources as well as oversee the communication with internal Engineering Development organization is key.
- Thorough understanding of Mobile IP Core Network concepts from a carrier perspective and have the ability to troubleshoot via analysis of protocol and log data.
- Hands on experience with 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G data networks and relevant 3GPP standards as well as AAA and PCRF interfaces and infrastructure.
- Understanding of IP routing, Unix/Linux, and SQL Databases.
- Knowledge of SIP and IMS networking is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work in multi-vendor environment with minimal to no supervision.
- Candidate must also have the ability to effectively manage customer issues (both technical and nontechnical).
- Proven technical experience self-starter with excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills, accomplished with scripting languages
- Travel 25-50%
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.