|Job Type:||Full Time|
We seek to empower learners around the world to acquire the skills enabling them to get a job, advance in their career and achieve more. Here is an opportunity for you to influence our learning programs and experiences designed to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees, and future generations.
Within Worldwide Learning, we reach millions of learners where they are, anytime, anywhere, and deliver experiences that support exploring, learning, practicing, and proving their skills.
Our team uses Microsoft's cloud assets like Microsoft Azure and Office 365 to build cloud-hosted learning services. We also use open source software. Our experiences support different learning modalities, including video optimized content, assessments, simulations, and virtual labs. In addition, we're adding rich analytics, social learning, community forums, and game play to support personalized and recommended learning. These experiences are enabled through several product lines. You can check out Microsoft Learn @ http://Microsoft.com/Learn, for one learning experience.
As a Software Engineer, you will be empowered to contribute to the design, participate in technical decisions, provide the implementation, and ensure the quality of services by supporting learning experiences. You can help the team with better ways to utilize Microsoft and Open Source technologies, machine learning, AI, analytics, gamification, and social integration to enhance online learning. You will help deliver experiences working along with peer software engineers, designers, data scientists, operation specialists, content creators, business managers, and marketing stakeholders while following an agile engineering practice.
- Full life cycle of product development for scalable intelligent services: Design, Develop, Test, Deploy & Monitor
- Collaboration with partners to deliver compelling learning experiences and address customer needs
- Ownership of quality standards, process, schedule, costing, resources and deliverables
- Analyze risks and compromises with various design choices
- Contribution of expertise throughout all stages of product design and development
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Proven record of shipping software across multiple release cycles
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C#, .NET, or Java
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion for learning new technologies
- 2+ years of development, technical design, problem solving, and debugging experience
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in working within agile software development processes
- Experience in building scalable online services on Azure or other cloud platforms is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.