|Job Type:||Full Time|
The right challenge for a master storyteller:Microsoft Edge Commercial
Can the right stories make an impact? Even under challenging circumstances? If your answer is yes, especially in a challenging dynamic, then you may be the storyteller we’re looking for and this may be the role that equals your master storytelling skills.
What is the challenge? It’s the work of being a challenger in the market, to land the redesigned Microsoft Edge, based on the Chromium open source project, with commercial customers. Microsoft Edge is a product that IT Professionals (IT Pros) are giving kudos to, in terms of meeting enterprise needs. But it is the hard work of climbing that hill when a product is in a start-up phase, early in its adoption lifecycle.
This is an opportunity to climb a historic hill. We believe we are bringing the best browser to market and this role is right at the heart of shaping that trajectory. When you look back from the top of the hill, it will be well worth it, knowing that you made the difference and you drove that growth.
This team is the sweet spot for people who are looking to have big impact and have your authentic voice heard. Our team, the Commercial Edge Go-To-Market team, has values of being courageous, creative and connected. We aim to do the right thing, even if it’s hard. We are creative, as marketers and problem-solvers. We are connected and support each other as a team, we hear ideas from everyone, and we look to boost others as we partner together. If this speaks to you, we want to hear from you.
IT Pro Audience Marketer
- Own the message of commercial Edge for IT Pros
- Responsible for the end-to-end life of content for IT Pros: from story development to measuring usage
- Develop compelling storytelling content to address the IT Pro audience
- Learn and know the latest product details
- Craft the positioning and messaging
- Support development of stats and claims to create head-turning messages
- Collaborate with other teams to develop appropriate content and land in a variety of channels, including EDU and partners
- Deliver content in a variety of media (pitch decks, blogs, social)
- Creative in thinking of new ways and mechanisms of delivering content to IT Pros
- Discover customer insights, either through sponsoring research or collaborating with teams on telemetry and other data
- Measure for utilization and take feedback to continuously improve for audience/channel
- 3 - 5 years of commercial product experience
- Experience in security & compliance domains not required but major plus
- Experience in regulated industries helpful
- Experience with M365 business at Microsoft helpful
- Understand IT Pro audience & deployment challenges
- Strong storyteller and writer, who can shape meaningful narratives
- For product selling and also executive storytelling
- Be prepared to show samples of content developed, writing samples in different formats and styles, and discuss strategy behind the content
- Ability to collaborate with and speak the language of engineers and sellers
- Comfortable with technical product details and intricacies
- Strong sense of visual communication/design (e.g slide creation, video storytelling) is a plus
- Digital marketing experience is a plus
- Have an OKRs mindset
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.