|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do enjoy working with or building greatappsand experiences? Are you passionate about developers, the development experience and connecting with customers? Do you want to contribute tothe open source future of Windows Development with Project Reunion (https://aka.ms/projectreunion)and more?
The Application Platform and Edge eXperiences team (APEX) inWindowsis looking for aPrincipalProgram Manager to createdeveloperexperiences for building and interacting with customers on Windows and cross platform.
As aPrincipalProgram Manager on the APEX team you will be responsible fordefining strategy, building community, architecting large scale developer solutions, andcreatingthe roadmap, allwhile focused on buildingbest in classdeveloperservices and experiences for Microsoft.
As part of the team you will get to work with partners across various parts of the company includingthe Developer Division (Visual Studio, .NET and more),WindowsExperiences, Microsoft Teams, Office, and a wide variety of internal and external apps partners. We also highly value direct interaction with our customers and external developers and enterprise communities through customer engagement programs, technology early adopter programs, and Microsoft events like Build and Ignite.
Above all this, we’re looking for someone who embodies the philosophy that customer success is Microsoft success.
- Minimum of10yearsof work experience as asenior developeror program manageror comparable industry role with a focus on appsandplatform features
- BS/BA/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritization across multiple partners and projects, and triage issues
- Excellent listening and writing skills, and the ability to successfully lead and communicate with a cross-functional team
- Experiencewriting content for a developer and external audience (blog posts, documentation)
- Highly capable presenter to large groups
- Contributions toor experience runningOpen Source projects
- Mastery of leading software and/or service development lifecycles and partnerships with engineering teams
- Mastery of execution against product and engineering program timelines and logistics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.