|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Bellevue, Washington, Sunnyvale, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced data or ML scientist excited about web technology, and the confluence of consumer experiences and AI? Does the opportunity to be deeply involved in best in class modeling, measurement and experimentation for critical user experiences like Search, News, Browser or Shopping sound inspiring to you? If so, this Senior Data & Applied Scientist role may be a perfect fit for you!
We are the Web Consumer Experiences & Technology team at Microsoft, working on very large scale search, browse and content technologies across Bing, MSN and the Edge browser. As a team, we are passionate about building highly engaging & accessible products for all our users, and are actively looking for scientists who can not only turbo-charge our current algorithms, but are relentless in their pursuit to apply state-of-the-art ML & data science solutions to real user problems.
We are a diverse & customer-obsessed team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists & Product Managers with an ambitious vision for what our technology platform can do for consumers, we would love to hear your ideas too! Check out the responsibilities below!
As a Senior Data & Applied Scientist, your daily routine will involve:
- Build models, algorithms, and mechanisms in large scale production systems using A/B experimentation and using state-of-the-art research techniques.
- Deeply analyze existing user & customer data to understand gaps and opportunities to improve our ML solutions.
- Run A/B experiments, and understand how to deploy robust ML models to production.
- Collaborate with a global team of world-class researchers, scientists & engineers to solve very challenging problems.
Required Qualifications for this principal role:
- MS/PhD degree in CS/EE or related areas (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics) is preferred.
- 4+ years expertise and hands-on experience on one or more of machine learning, text analysis, statistics, information retrieval, natural language processing, computer vision, recommendations, with a strong understanding of both practical and theoretical aspects.
- Knowledge of C#, C++, Java or Python. Familiarity with distributed data processing/analysis and modeling paradigm, such as Map-Reduce and MPI is a plus. Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow also a plus.
- Passionate and collaborative team player with drive to work in a fast-paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.