|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for designing architectures which integrate multiple technologies to create cross solutions that will ensure business value and customer delight? If so, this could be your next great career adventure!
About WW Cross Solutions
The Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) Cross Solution organization is a newly formed group with the Microsoft Solutions team. Our objective is to build world class cross-solution capabilities to serve our customers, both internally and externally. We will achieve this by fostering a customer-focused, collaborative culture, and fueling growth through the people and programs we support. Our team drives cross-solution alignment and execution Our principles are to be customer obsessed, simple & focused, data driven, innovative, and business aligned.
About the role
As a Cross-Cloud Solutions Architect in this team, you will be working at the forefront of Microsoft innovation, driving architecture for both internal and external customers that crosses our solution areas to drive increased value for our customers.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Develop cross-solution architecture patterns and validate cross-solution capabilities with both internal and external customers.
- The nature of complex opportunities which will come to the team necessitates taking a cross-solution view to leverage capabilities across the entire Microsoft cloud platform; and are rarely limited to a single technology solution.
- Prepare and deliver technical engagements to enterprise customers. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, building of rapid prototypes, workshops, and hackathons.
- Using your technical knowledge, consultancy skills and our methodology to win a customer’s technical decision to buy and use Microsoft solutions and cloud services.
- You will work collaboratively with account teams to determine the best engagements for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit and accelerate deals success.
- You will use your technical knowledge to show customers an inspiring digital vision, across all Microsoft workloads, as well as deeper engagement in your core specialism.
- You will map the agreed customer vision into a strategy for implementation, resolving concerns, removing technical blockers, and validating a strong business case for investment.
- You will work with the customer, wider account team resources and our partners to orchestrate a roadmap for implementation.
- You will build community, mentor others, co-ordinate and lead initiatives which uplift skilling and impact for your peers.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- Articulate the possibilities of the Microsoft Cloud with specific emphasis on cross-solution capabilities.
- Ability to influence internal and external customers by translating abstract technical data concepts to business value, and walking through the solution process, from needs identification to solution design.
- Apply deep technical knowledge and customer insights to create modern, repeatable solution architectures for customers that provide increased agility in meeting the demands of their business.
You will use your knowledge from working with multiple customers to influence product and community.
- You will enable your peer community to extend their impact through researching, creating, and extending complex technical demonstrations thru existing channels.
- You will shape product direction through building relationships with global engineering teams to propagate customer feedback and scenarios, and ensure gaps and whitespace is understood.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
- Your knowledge will be enhanced and shared by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, training, and articles for your domain.
Technical Solution Leader and Consummate Professional
- 10+ years of experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles .
- Technical breadth and depth. Solid enterprise architecture background and ability to design solutions across any or all of the full range of Microsoft cloud solutions - Azure infrastructure, Azure Developer, Azure data, artificial intelligence, business applications, modern workplace and productivity, security, business applications and IoT. Demonstrated experience designing solution architectures which span multiple workloads.
- Platform skills. Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, networking and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards
- Structured facilitator. Validated customer experience in requirements capture; prioritization; capturing evidence and impact to quantify business value; issue, risk, and constraint identification.
- Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners.
- Excellent Communicator. Communication and collaboration, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build, and grow Microsoft, partner, and external communities.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and partners. Co-ordinate peer input into WW content and demo programs resulting in high-quality published content.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused.
- Design Thinking. Proven experience of delivering design thinking; `ideation’; or similar context analysis / problem framing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect global travel, ranging from 10 to 25%, contingent on Covid-19 restrictions.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.