|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intelligent Conversation & Communication Cloud (IC3) group provides the backend services that are used by millions of Microsoft Teams users daily. The IC3 Real-Time Media team provides the media stack and media services that power billions of minutes of audio video communication in Microsoft Teams every day. We build and operate mission-critical services serving governments, hospitals, corporations, small businesses, schools, and individual consumers all over the world.
We are looking for an architect who is passionate about real-time communication, an expert in building and operating highly reliable services, and who enjoys solving challenging end to end problems.
- Create and improve architecture designs for complex end to end scenarios that involve multiple teams and services. Collaborate with engineers to bring the design to production.
- Create and improve systems and processes to raise the reliability and quality of media services to the next level.
- Collaborate with people across Microsoft and in the industry to bring innovation to our products.
- Influence the engineering culture to strive for a clean architecture, sound engineering practices, and a growth mindset.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience
- 10+ years of applicable work experience
- A strong track record of successfully designing and building highly reliable global scale services.
- Broad knowledge in multimedia technology and networking protocols.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.