|Job Type:||Full Time|
What joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities nationally across the United States.
The Impact You'll be Making:
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Core responsibilities include:
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to define highly complex technology-based business solutions. Provides thought leadership regarding application design, architecture, and integration.
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
As our CSAs are considered as subject matter experts in their aligned Microsoft product solutions, below are the respective domains that constitute different types of CSA roles:
Applications & Infrastructure:
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
Data & AI:
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Drive the deployment of SAP Landscapes onto the Azure platform to a successful customer outcome in large enterprises
- Acts as the subject matter expert for running SAP workloads on Azure, and support customer/partner deployments with SAP deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ SAP on cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of SAP on Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Who We're Looking For:
Experience.3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applicationsrequired.
Relationship Building.Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
Problem Solving.Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
Collaboration and Communication.Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist).
Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
Partners.Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management.
Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud).
Applications & Infrastructure:
Subject Matter Expertise.In one or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) required
- Deep domain expertise in …
- cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
- container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
- continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
- web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). Preferred
Certification.Preferred in one of the following technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
Data & AI:
Technical Breadth/ Subject Matter Expertise.In two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python
Certification. Preferred in one or more of the following technologies: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Subject Matter Expertise.In one or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise in SAP with strong Basis skills i.e. SAP landscape sizing, deployment, transport management, optimizing features, system performance.
- Experience as a SAP Basis Architect, NetWeaver architecture and SAP Hands on in SAP performance investigations throughout the complete stack of SAP application, DBMS, OS and infrastructure to be able to trace, capture, diagnose and isolate complex multifactorial performance problems
- Experience in SAP Basis: OS/DB Migration, SAP Sizing, SAP HA/DR Design, SAP Operational Best Practices, SAP version upgrades
- Experience in RDBMS: deep knowledge including performance query analysis, sizing, HA/DR and storage/disk design of SAP HANA and at least 1-2 of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MaxDB
- Experience in Hyper-Visor/Cloud/Networking: Able to design, deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on the following: Azure or AW0053
- Working knowledge of SUSE or RedHat for SAP with preferred experience in SCP with Cloud Foundry
- Operational experience with Linux operating systems (Suse/RHEL required). Experience in configuring packages, monitoring, and security for Linux
- Knowledge of Network Architecture and standards for large enterprise deployments (Cisco SAFE/Zoning models) and operation understanding security frameworks specific to IT Standards (PCI/PII/SOX/ETC)
- Storage technologies and testing specific to enterprise storage requirements (SAN/NAS/Object/Block)
- Monitoring tool proficiency (OMS, Solution Manager, Zenoss, Zabbix, Tivoli)
- Very good understanding/ experience on multiple SAP products and understanding of SAP roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to size SAP landscape deployments, monitoring and management of these environments
- Troubleshooting experience specific to network connectivity, storage performance, operating systems optimization
- Able to produce technical documentation consistent with Reference Architecture principles
Certification. Preferred in the following technologies: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred.
Travel is an integral part of these positions. You will be required to travel as is determined by the needs of our customers. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
***We are hiring across multiple roles across the U.S.