Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is seeking a Group Manager of GTM Strategy and Business Operations to lead cross-portfolio, global go-to-market strategy initiatives across all business areas. This role will give you the opportunity to partner with the executive team to define critical strategy and develop personally and professionally at a rapid pace. While this role will include the ability to define and shape an emerging team, you’re also excited by rolling up your sleeves and driving projects yourself.
You are a good fit if you are a leader, strategic, a self-starter, driven, adaptable, highly organized, analytical, and have a strong eye for detail. You are a great fit if you have a deep understanding of Atlassian’s market, strategy, business model, and market best practices around enterprise SaaS sales and marketing. This role is especially exciting given Atlassian’s unique land and expand business model, and the ability to continue to evolve the strategy backing it going forward.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with executive leaders across the company. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the proposals you develop are positioned to drive future growth. You will also be instrumental in framing Atlassian’s long term strategy.
In this role, you'll get to
- Identify and size growth opportunities to inform go-to-market prioritization
- Dive deep into data to determine actionable insights
- Drive customer and competitive research to help inform go-to-market strategy decisions
- Build high level financial models to drive recommendations
- Formulate and present critical strategy recommendations to the executive team
- Transform findings into actionable recommendations, and work closely with cross functional teams to execute on the recommendations
- Drive change by working closely with cross-functional partners across sales, marketing, finance, and analytics
- Act as the connective tissue to unite the strategy across different go-to-market teams, including as a bridge to product
- Help executive sales and marketing leaders manage the business and drive performance
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- 8+ years of experience in strategy consulting and high tech growth company in strategy, business operations, or growth
- A strong understanding of enterprise sales, particularly in SaaS
- Comfort with ambiguity, and able to both delve into the details and engage meaningfully on higher level strategy
- An analytical rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences
- A self-starter mentality, with the ability to drive work from idea, to analysis, to recommendation and, at times, to implementation
- Demonstrate strong executive presence
- Have strong proficiency in Excel with experience using SQL
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience in crafting and executing marketing and customer research via quantitative methods and experiments
- Direct people leadership experience
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
More about our team
The Strategy & Business Operations team is a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving strategy and growth through monetization, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed within leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, sales, product, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.