|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to meet sales and profit targets.
This role will manage NAM Applicators, Terminators-Data Connectivity tooling, Extraction Tools and Magnet Wire Tooling Portfolios within Global Application Tooling From sponsoring new product development to guiding manufacturing improvements to setting marketing initiatives and sales opportunities – the NAM PM is responsible for product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to meet sales and margin targets in alignment with the BU.
What you will be doing:
Market Sensing & Strategy
- Research market trends / Analyze market to define risks and opportunities for the assigned product line(s)
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape to the leadership team
- Direct and conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies
- Direct and conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Design go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with Global Product Manager(s), R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Define and execute product lifecycle management
Develop Business Plan (Achieve cross-functional alignment to the plan)
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish pricing policy (Regionally and coordinate it with Global PM)
New Product Development & Launch
- Lead product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans under the direction of a SR PM or Director of PM
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business / Maintain intimate VOC understanding of key customers and targets for assigned global product lines
- Exercise thought leadership. - Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce, etc.
Execution – Post Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition
- Approve special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
What your background should look like:
- 8+ years of product management, sales or other relevant experience
- Relevant product or industry experience required
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more atwww.te.com and onLinkedIn, Facebook, WeChatandTwitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups