Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Develop predictive models to support Discover’s business partners.
- Design and develop models, utilizing machine learning and other algorithms.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to management or other end users.
How You’ll Do It
- Research and leverage state-of-the-art modeling techniques; participate in modeling innovation.
- Leverage extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data-science solutions, and implement data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapt to modern modeling techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge in analytical tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Ph.D. in math, computer science, engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in developing data-based analytical solutions, financial service industry, modeling, or related field
- Proficient in statistical software packages such as SAS, R, Python
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.