Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Operations, Payments Technology, will have accountability for the Operations of Discover’s payment technologies. These support our millions of customers, so the job holder will need to ensure that the systems, both current and emerging, remain highly available, resilient, performant, and secure. Reporting to the Vice President, this leader will focus on both the day to day operations of these, and the design of improvements to allow us to continue to exceed our targets.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities in such fields as data processing, capacity planning, information systems, system architecture, and application support.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for greater automation, with the goal of further improving our Operations model
- Directs daily operations of department, analyze workflow, establish priorities, and develop standards and sets deadlines.
- Meets with the department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Reviews project plans and coordinate project activity.
- Assigns and reviews the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers.
- Build strong relationships and manage key partnerships with external providers.
- Ensure all availability targets are met or exceeded.
- Ensure consistent technical solutions and agile methodology adoption throughout the department.
- Frequently interface with Business Technology & business leadership to understand near and
long term needs and identify opportunities for the contact center channel to drive value and efficiency.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports to foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to achieve a strong team; and develop own technical,
coaching and leadership skills to stay in-line with industry trends.
- Translate technology challenges and opportunities to key business stakeholders to ensure buy in and prioritization.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant technology leadership, or related experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.