Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is a joint venture between Eaton and Cummins, Inc. producing industry-leading medium- and heavy-duty automated transmission products to OEM customers around the globe. Our business thrives with talent from diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Grow your career by joining this exceptional collaboration opportunity that embraces innovative thinking, compelling creativity, and customer-focus.
We are looking for a talented Accountant with Internal Controls experience to join our team in Galesburg, MI.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Responsible for performing highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the department’s general ledger. Performs detailed financial analysis of the department’s chart of accounts and financial statements by identifying and analyzing unusual variances.
- Analyzes, records and reports accounting transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepares general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Responds to inquiries received from management, internal and external auditors, Sarbanes-Oxley audit group and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Reviews existing internal controls on a regular basis and develops new internal controls as necessary.
- Analyzes current procedures and recommends changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Internal Controls/Compliance. Coordinates External and Internal Audits.
- Coordinates Combined and stand-alone Financial Statements prepared by Deloitte and issued by PwC.
- Supports Tax reporting.
- Supports Transfer Pricing analysis.
- Develops, manages and continually improves the monthly Actuals consolidation Process.
- Ensures that the JV follows all Cummins Accounting Policies including Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Risk/Operations review and Management Representation letter.
- Develops, implements and continually improves compliant and efficient internal and SOx controls for the JV where needed. This includes acting as the key audit contact for the business as well as the compliance leader.
- Supports finance functional excellence aligning with both JV partners.
- Provides business partnering support within the JV.
Acts as the primary back-up for the responsibilities of the JV Controller