Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented US/Canada C&C Leader to join our team specializing in Cummins Compliance and Regulatory Affairs for our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Responsible for environmental compliance related activities. Applies specialized knowledge of engineering and/or project management principles and practices across various areas and projects by interpreting, communicating and ensuring all environmental regulations and standards are adhered to as they impact the company products, processes, components or facilities.
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and work under minimal supervision for regulatory compliance efforts and other applicable programs.
Participates as a key contributor and be accountable for cross-functional project success with various stakeholders.
- Analyzes and communicate information to many internal stakeholders as it relates to environmental compliance matters. Identify, establish and/or facilitate meetings and trainings on compliance. Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Works with subject matter experts from related groups to drive efforts to improve environmental performance or compliance processes and identify opportunities to establish common processes and tools. Supports defining and executing corrective actions
- Communicates with and influences key external stakeholders and business leaders, escalates compliance issues as appropriate. Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coach and mentor less experienced compliance personnel and demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering or environmental discipline(s) and leverage expertise on other projects. Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Escalates and drives resolution to compliance questions and issues; provides technical direction for a project or a project team. Troubleshoots complex problems and recommend appropriate actions. Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for cross-functional project success with various stakeholders.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent degree in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Business, or related technical or scientific field required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience (5 plus years)required. Experience across organizations and global regions preferred. Knowledge of the function being worked in preferred.
- Coaching the team
Train and grow team members to understand and apply appropriate regulations to support their certification and compliance activities;
and small team will directly report into this role
Focused on achieving Emissions/On Board Diagnostic certification timeline
Leads team in gathering appropriate documents for on-time certification, running changes and field fix document submissions
Leads the team through product Q&A and working with On-highway leader/agency leaders on unfocused Q&A
- Lead some of the internal strategies around certification and compliance activities for On-Highway. Examples: Emissions Warranty reporting, Campaigns/recalls, Green House Gas and NOx Credit reporting, In use testing
- Help team with escalation of issues from respective functions for their platform
First line of defense for any requirement questions
Escalate critical issues / concerns to On-Highway leaders
- Actively participate in strategizing between Research and Technology, New Product Introduction and Current product support teams for various certification/compliance related tasks such as Deficiency removal, FEL/FCL etc for their platform
Liaison between Emissions and OBD world for the platform from technical requirements (including conflicting requirements), schedules etc.
- Take lead on some of the critical potential defect reporting/Engineering Job Release items for the product through appropriate internal processes. This
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: