We are looking for a talented Production Assembly Technician to join our Upfit production facility in Renton, WA .
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Install value-added components to loose engines and generators to meet customer requirements and design specifications.
- Light production assembly, including: drilling, bolting and light fabrication.
- Interpret basic installation drawings and work as a team to accomplish installations.
- Ability to read detailed equipment and part diagrams/prints of Cummins and OEM products and verify torque values referenced from established engineered guidelines.
- General shop maintenance such as inspecting extension cords, replacing air lines, general maintenance, daily JSA (Job Safety Analysis) reports, welder inspections and daily time sheets.
- Comfortable working at heights using fall protection and proper PPE
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Ability to work in an automotive / shop setting
Ability to use power tools, computer software and remove / install external diesel engine and generator components
Must be able to physically lift 50 pounds occasionally, wear required personal protective equipment as required and operate forklifts
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.