Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Restricted Substances and Product Disclosure Systems Manager to join our team specializing in Cummins Environmental Strategy Compliance for our Corporate Business Segment in Columbus, IN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Supports several aspects of the Environment Function and/or discipline’s Functional Excellence efforts and internal and external stakeholder engagement. Applies developing business process and project management skills within an area of business or technical specialty.
- Manages projects of varying complexity and size. This position may provide exposure to multiple Cummins business units and sub-functions. Assists with the development of communications to ensure that employees are up-to-date on Environmental functional and discipline ideas and efforts and deploys the communications strategy to increase awareness, enthusiasm, and participation in the functional excellence program.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitate project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; work with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; design project plan, develop timeline, identify project milestones, and track performance against performance goals and timeline. Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues and monitors/communicates project status to project team.
- Manage project risk; use quality tools to identify areas of risk; work with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions. Document and share team learnings with other teams; draw on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintain project notes, databases, and other records; monitor, measure and communicate with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Apply developing business process and project management skills within an area of business or technical specialty. Manage projects of varying complexity and size. This position may provide exposure to multiple Cummins business units and sub-functions.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent degree in field appropriate for the function required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience (5 plus years) required. Experience across organizations and global regions preferred. Knowledge of the function being worked in preferred.
- Deep understanding of chemical regulations impacting the Cummins global business
- Engage global stakeholders to drive actions internally and externally with suppliers.
- Translate regulations requirements into business process & procedures
- Develop global IT tools for restricted substances supply chain data collection and maintain tools to meet new and existing regulatory requirements.
- Business owner for Global Materials Compliance Central IT application – Work with IT for on-going maintenance to deploy necessary regulatory compliance requirements due to changes/ new regulations and ensure system is in sync with regulatory changes.
- IT automation to strengthen execution of compliance processes: and develop, report, and maintain compliance leadership, purchasing, and engineering dashboard through Power BI.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: