We are looking for a talented Payroll Tax and Compliance Manager to join our team in Nashville, TN.
Cummins CBS Payroll Tax and Compliance Manager will provide leadership to payroll teams responsible for employee and employer tax compliance. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining processes that help ensure payroll teams are compliant with internal process and SOX controls.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Ensure customer service excellence is consistently provided to internal and external customers by maximizing effectiveness and efficiency of the tax and audit team members and processes.
- Ensure preparation for, and compliance with, audits such as internal, state, federal, etc. You will have complete responsibility for some local and state audits and participate as a member of a cross functional team to answer audits that reach beyond the scope of payroll.
- Experience with large complex employer, expat, business travel and stock regulatory procedures and processes, tax law research, interpretation and application to ensure system updates are made timely.
- Serve as subject matter expert for North America payroll taxes (federal, state and local/provincial)
- Responsible for advising on tax laws, including national, local, payroll, international or other taxes
- Manages the preparation of tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all relevant laws.
- Researches and interprets current and emerging tax regulations to analyze the impact on the corporation.
- Manages tax returns, tax reconciliations and projects related to the application of tax law in one or more tax jurisdiction.
- Partners with business to provide guidance on tax regulations in one or more jurisdiction.
- Responds to tax notices to make sure any federal and state tax methodologies have been updated appropriately and communicated to tax department and corporate finance leaders as necessary which includes reassessing any outstanding FIN 48 reserve positions.
- Manages tax audits and interactions with tax authorities.
- Coaches and mentors tax accountants; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.