Last updated one month ago
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented CDL Driver/Facilities Technician to join our team located in our Sales and Service organization at our Avondale, Arizona branch.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Performs routine building maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures. Assists in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addresses immediate operational and/or safety concerns; and ensures that tools, materials and vehicles are maintained in good working order. Performs activities under direct supervision.
- Maintains safe work habits and actions in all aspects of the daily task; evaluates reactive work for safety issues, plans projects so that safety is key, and reviews preventative work for any unforeseen items that may present safety hurdles.
- Maintains housekeeping and safety in work areas; Up keep on exterior yard, including pit and sump clean/repair.
- Operates and maintains vehicle equipment such as fork truck, golf carts, etc.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- This position requires a Class A CDL Driver’s license (DMV driving record must be clean) and the ability to deliver parts.
- The position also included parts warehouse duties as needed like pulling orders, receiving orders and putting stock on the shelves.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization