- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Measurement Science - Analyzes measurement processes throughout the relevant traceability chain to identify and quantify sources of measurement uncertainty relevant to the appropriate applied measurement science, “Metrology” e.g. Chemical, Dimensional, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical and Radiation and Physical.
- Laboratory Management - Leads technical resources while managing the business aspects of a laboratory using measure to control both the technical and business aspects of the organization and assuring the requirements of the appropriate certifications and/or accreditations are met.
- Data Quality - Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
- Dimensional Metrology - Applies dimensional measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer and product requirements.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- A regionally applicable Certification (e.g. US Department of Labor) or two year Associates Degree from an accredited college program in a relevant field of study.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins