|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
We are looking for a talented Manager Government Relations to join our Corporate team specializing in tax, labor, pensions, immigration, and international issues. The job will be based in Washington, DC.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Conducts advocacy efforts for government relations in the U.S., country of assignment, or international region at all levels of government.
- Provides input into and implements legislative and policy initiatives and strategies related to industry and community specific issues of interest to Cummins at any level of government; drafts, negotiates, and advocates Cummins positions through white papers, testimonies, public comment responses, proposed legislation, and other appropriate activities.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with legislators, authorities, and heads of regulatory agencies; provides input into and implements government affairs strategies to enhance the organization’s image amount governmental authorities.
- Establishes rapport with industry associations and trade organizations to ensure representation of Cummins’ interests; participates in industry and trade groups to develop and advocate for common industry positions.
- Works with the business to understand its goals and objectives to ensure that government relations activities are aligned to the business; identifies risk to the enterprise from government actions.
- Complies with all laws, regulations, and ethical concerns within government relations activities and broadly across the organization.
- Develops position papers and discussion guides for those who act as an external spokesperson with public policy stakeholders for the company; speaks at external and internal meetings regarding public policy issues and activities.
- Develops an awareness of and suggests sponsorship opportunities at all levels of government; provides input into marketing initiatives in the U.S. , country of assignment, or international region; contributes to the corporate responsibility strategy for the U.S. , country of assignment, or international region.
- Understands all activities with Government Relations in issue area or country of assignment; maintains strong relationships outside consulting firms in areas of jurisdiction.
- Coordinates grassroots activities for the company; updates and modernizes grassroots database; identifies site contacts; trains site contacts and develops and improves site communications activities; assists in the management of grassroots campaigns.
- Manages government relations continuous process improvements to mitigate risks throughout the organization.
- Develops, leads, and motivates Government Relations staff; sets goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.