We are looking for a talented Advisory and Internal Audit Senior Manager to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Leads audit and advisory(consulting) engagements with a heavy emphasis on regulatory compliance (e.g. Anti-Bribery, Export/Trade, Data Privacy, Emissions) and business processes outside of the Finance function. These engagements span across Functions, Business Units, and/or Area Business Organizations to evaluate risks globally. These engagements require exceptional communication and analytical skills to assess risk and design/execute reviews according to those risks. A background in Law or Compliance is preferred; Accounting/Finance experience is not required.
- Develops and manages the audit methodology for the Internal Audit & Advisory team to ensure proper coverage across CMI functions and locations.
- Supports the Chief Audit Executive and Regional Audit Directors on investigations and special projects as they arise. Such projects are typically legally privileged and/or highly confidential and require strong professional judgement and executive presence.
- Supports the Chief Audit Executive with Department Operations including: The annual risk assessment process, preparation of audit committee materials, and tracking/reporting executive fraud risks.
- Manages a team of direct line Cummins employees as well as outside vendors who provide supplemental subject matter expertise. Assembles and manages engagement teams which comprise audit professionals from across the Global Internal Audit Function. Coordinates with regional audit leadership on performance management.
- This is a global role - The ability to communicate risk clearly and concisely and make practical recommendations tailored to the maturity curve of the organization is critical for success.
- Responsible for managing the execution of financial, operational, information systems, and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control environment. Also responsible for managing audit team direct reports.
- Assists in development of audit plan based upon results of the annual risk assessment.
- Manages execution of audits, including planning, testing and reporting, to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the internal control environment in compliance with audit standards.
- Reviews key audit documentation to ensure compliance with audit quality standards.
- Ensures audit issues are well defined and documented accurately, clearly and concisely.
- Reviews audit results and issues with process owners to verify the accuracy of audit issues.
- Communicates audit status, testing results, observations and improvement recommendations to stakeholders.
- Develops relationships with business leaders to understand business, risks and control environment and be considered a trusted business advisor.
- Prepares formal written reports to communicate audit results to management.
- Coaches, trains, and develops professional audit staff to develop skills and capabilities.
- Manages contracted audit staff.
- Assists in management of audit schedule, including assigning resources according to availability, skills, and developmental needs.
- Manages direct reports, including assessing performance and providing direct, meaningful and timely feedback.