Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies is a joint venture between Eaton and Cummins, Inc. producing industry-leading medium- and heavy-duty automated transmission products to OEM customers around the globe. Our business thrives with talent from diverse skillsets and backgrounds. Grow your career by joining this exceptional collaboration opportunity that embraces innovative thinking, compelling creativity, and customer-focus.
Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
We are looking for a talented Operations Director – Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies to join our team specializing in Operations for our Joint Venture in Galesburg, Michigan. The right leader can be based in Michigan, Indiana or surrounding states.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Manage, direct and coordinate all manufacturing activity to achieve production, profit and strategic goals for ECJV globally. Lead the Operations Excellence, Supply Chain, Materials, Capital Expenditure, EHS, Program Management and Manufacturing Engineering functions for ECJV
- Provide manufacturing leadership and improvement focus for global assembly and/or machining operations driving results, creating and monitoring measures, providing motivation, setting expectations in safety, production and cost.
- Responsible for global operational footprint expansion and optimization – strategy and execution
- Senior escalation point for supplier capacity ramp up and achievement issues
- Oversee delivery commitments/constraints to customers
- Senior ECJV owner for the Eaton (and potentially Cummins) manufacturing service contracts (manufacturing engineering, supply chain management, materials planning, etc.)
- Develop close working relationships with parent company functional service contract owners
- Determine the long-term plan for the manufacturing support services agreement beyond 2022, the first opportunity for change
- Ensure annual demand for manufacturing support services are communicated to service providers by October each year
- Grow and develop the Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering within the JV to support product portfolio expansion and global growth
- Manage the monthly manufacturing services score cards, escalating issues as needed
- Responsible for business continuity management