Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce. That’s how we’re living our best #LifeAtCummins .
We are looking for a talented Maintenance Specialist to join our team specializing in Mechanical Systems for our Power Generation Plant in Fridley, Minnesota.
Starting Pay operates on an incremental performance system:
Initial starting pay: $23.10/hour
Within 3 months of acceptable performance it moves to: $24.55/hour
Within 6 months acceptable performance: $25.85/hour
After 9 months: $27.20/hour
This role will also receive a $0.70/hour shift premium.
- Repairs and maintains manufacturing equipment and other miscellaneous duties within their capabilities.
- Work independently and cooperatively on preventative, emergency, corrective and predictive maintenance activities during production and non-production hours.
- Maintains clean and orderly working area, including routine housekeeping and machine cleaning tasks.
- Solves problems and leads in process continuous improvement
- Communicates effectively with all team members.
- Complies with and promotes Health, Safety, and Environmental standards, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Learns and applies high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship
- Performs independent work and in teams in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization