Safety & Security Internships
Please note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Security Internship Summary
Applies developing business process and project management skills within an area of business or technical specialty. Manages small portions of well-defined projects. Provides administrative and logistics support for a project team and project manager.
- Provide technical and/or administrative assistance in emergency preparedness and planning projects. These projects may involve protocol development or updates, training or exercise design and development, technology management, and employee information and outreach.
- Assist with mass communications system enhancement for the Indiana Campus.
- Collaborate with and support cross functional teams such as security, health and safety, facilities, HR, and Emergency Response teams to promote projects or programs.
- Assisting team members in the day-to-day operations within the Security Division of Global Integrated Services; answering inquiries by phone and through written communications; preparing documents and reports; assisting with research assignments and special projects; attending meetings.
- Support additional security or emergency management projects as directed.
Core Competencies / Additional Qualifications
- Emergency Management, Homeland Security, or similar area of study
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research information and prepare reports and other correspondence
- Knowledge in public safety or emergency response preferred